RE-Introduction

Bownse

Reaction score
Got a 2-week time out for comments made in another thread.

Just back and wanted to apologize publicly to the Admins.

I didn't understand the dynamics of this forum and crossed their line. That's all on me.

...background...
I admin 3 other forums, one of which is considered hard-lined by some. In those there are more structured processes in place.

1. A verbal warning in PM (first offense)
2. A written warning (1 warning point, 2nd and subsequent offenses)(warning points auto-expire in 30 days)
3. 3 warning points = 2 week time out
4. 3 time outs = perma-ban

It took a lot of negotiation among the Admins and Moderators who had been free-wheeling it and often let personalities affect their actions (some people being given lots of slack and others given none at all). On top of that, the ban hammer was wielded differently by each Admin/Moderator. In the end its structure created an informed membership who have no doubt of the course they are taking and have time to change direction before a time out or ban is inflicted on them.
...end background...

When I tried to explain the above as a background for why I was confused; it may have been mistaken as being abusive. It wasn't meant to be. It was intended as an appeal. Alternately, the posts in the thread started me down a course from which there was no recovery.

Again, my public apologies.

LtDave32

I'm walkin' on sunshine
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

I didn't understand the dynamics of this forum and crossed their line. That's all on me.

...background...
I admin 3 other forums, one of which is considered hard-lined by some. In those there are more structured processes in place.

2. A written warning (1 warning point, 2nd and subsequent offenses)(warning points auto-expire in 30 days)

It took a lot of negotiation among the Admins and Moderators who had been free-wheeling it and often let personalities affect their actions (some people being given lots of slack and others given none at all). On top of that, the ban hammer was wielded differently by each Admin/Moderator. In the end its structure created an informed membership who have no doubt of the course they are taking and have time to change direction before a time out or ban is inflicted on them.
...end background...

When I tried to explain the above as a background for why I was confused; it may have been mistaken as being abusive. It wasn't meant to be. It was intended as an appeal. Alternately, the posts in the thread started me down a course from which there was no recovery.

Sir,

While we (the staff here) appreciate the time you took to re-introduce yourself and the displayed willingness to get along and start over, the policies of the forum you administrate have absolutely no bearing here.

The reason you were given the time-out was that the moderating staff had requested that no more party, right/left politics be discussed.

You chose to not only continue, but argue with the staff on those rules. Rules which have clearly and long been established.

There are rules against arguing with moderators, and there are rules against discussing the sort of politics mentioned above.

Moderators here have their hands full as it is, and do not have the time to argue point of rule with members. Nor do we wish do derail threads with point-of-rule discussions.

Remember that we had asked that politics not be discussed before we took action. It is not up for argument, for we have been down this road countless times, hence the rules against.

We have had good discussions here turn to crap because of party politics, and without exception. I happens every single time.

People get angry, people get their "dander up" when one side throws down a jab, and they feel compelled to retaliate.

It simply does not work on a forum this diverse, with a membership that stems from all walks of life such as MLP.

So with that being said, please review the rules against political discussion:

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/backstage/312752-political-posting-amended.html

Please adhere to them. If you encounter a political post that breaches the rules as described in the above link, please report it.

However, please ensure it is against those rules as described, and not one's own interpretation of what political discussion is or should be.

With that, please enjoy the forum.

-MLP Moderating Staff.

TheX

Not a Navy SEAL
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, that was a lot of words.

Did I miss the cat videos?

HenryHill

Reaction score
Mr. Bownse,

Thank-you for the re-introduction.

I am very impressed with your credentials.

In that you have described such extensive forum experience, it is surprising that you cannot read the rules here, and simply comply with helpful requests from the Mod Team, after having explained how experienced you are in all this.

If you are disatisfied with the rules as written by the owner of the site, please feel free to contact him; his name here is Alex.

Just drop him a PM to tell him how wrong things are here.

I will look forward to your posts in the future.

Sincerely,

HenryHill
MLP Mod Team

...background...

...end background...

VictorB

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Even though you're all wrong, and I'm right, and have way more experience than all of you... My sincerest apologies.

TheX

Not a Navy SEAL
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still LOL'ing at the OP's long winded re-intro. Nice resume.

LtDave32

I'm walkin' on sunshine
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

LtDave32

I'm walkin' on sunshine
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Wow, that was a lot of words.

Did I miss the cat videos?

I think we're going to need to make cat gifs mandatory with every gripe.

TheX

Not a Navy SEAL
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if this was the result he expected?

Bownse

Reaction score
I actually expected nothing and everything. It's not my living room and so not my rules. I simply explained why I was knocked off balance when I tried to log in and found myself on a time out.

I also repeatedly apologized for the appearance of arguing. And support the Admins and Moderators actions in support of published policies.

Latest Threads