Rangers fan( Shannon Stone ) dies after 20-foot fall

jeff_farkas

Reaction score
Fan dies after falling out of stands at Texas Rangers game - ESPN Dallas

ARLINGTON, Texas -- A firefighter has been identified as the Texas Rangers fan who died after falling from the stands while reaching for a baseball tossed his way by All-Star outfielder Josh Hamilton.

The Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office said Friday the victim was 39-year-old Shannon Stone of Brownwood. City Manager Bobby Rountree says Stone had been a firefighter for nearly 18 years in Brownwood, located 150 miles southwest of Arlington.

Stone fell about 20 feet onto concrete in the second inning Thursday night, tumbling over the left-field railing after catching the ball and falling into an area out of sight from the field as the Rangers faced Oakland. Stone's young son witnessed his father's fall.

"We are deeply saddened to learn that the man who fell has passed away as a result of this tragic accident," Rangers president/CEO Nolan Ryan said in a statement. "Our thoughts and prayers are with his family."

All I can say is wow.. I'm stunned. RIP :(

lespaul01

Banned
Reaction score
RIP thats terrible.. The little chile was there.. Whoa.. That sucks..

EEF13

Reaction score
Very sad. By the way the commentators were talking it looked like it could have just been something funny and that the guy would just get up and laugh it off, but who knew it was going to end up like this.

Blues4U

Reaction score
More than half of all falls over 10ft are fatal---Just to let you know that falls such as these result in fatalities more often than we know--this was just in public and televised--

H.E.L.Shane

Reaction score
Oh man....

That outfielder has to be feeling like hell too.. he tosse the ball to the guy and the guy dies reaching for it.....

that would screw me up.....

EnjoGuitar

Reaction score
That would screw me up too, being either the guy that threw the ball, or the little kid that had to witness his father die. This is really terrible. Rest in peace, dude... :(

0x00

Banned
Reaction score
:(:(

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0nA-X-5MKA]YouTube - ‪Fan Dies at Ranger Game; Announcers Ignorantly Laugh‬‏[/ame]

Lurko

Reaction score
Horrible. I feel so sad for that little boy. Jesus.

EnjoGuitar

Reaction score
Apparently he died on the way to the hospital of cardiac arrest and got up or at least moved after falling... So his kid didn't have to see him die, per say, but it's still just terrible. I hate it when these sort of things happen to kids...

:(

Leendrix

The Cheeky One
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
His 6 year old son was with him too... That is so sad :(

Benjammin

Reaction score
that is terrible :(

More than half of all falls over 10ft are fatal---Just to let you know that falls such as these result in fatalities more often than we know--this was just in public and televised--

true, a week after I graduated high school, my oceanography teacher died pruning a tree in his yard, fell off the ladder and broke his neck. I dont think he was even 10 feet off the ground

Ed B

Reaction score
A truly terrible tragedy. Sad all around. From the player to the family. Horrible.

danohat

Reaction score
My dad broke his neck jumping the fence in our back yard. A standard four foot chain link fence. My dad never moved again and never breathed on his own again. He eventually died due to complications from being a quadraplegic. Worst thing you could ever imagine. Trust me. You could not imagine the suffering he went through.

tazzboy

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
That was terrible. No offense to any Baseball Player, but they should be throwing balls up into the stand like that.

Latest Threads