Randy Travis found lying naked in road

Rich

Non sequitur
Reaction score
Country singer Randy Travis arrested, accused of DWI - CNN.com

(CNN) -- Country music star Randy Travis, who pleaded no contest to public intoxication following the Super Bowl in February, was arrested again Tuesday after being found naked, smelling apparently of alcohol and lying on a remote stretch of roadway in northern Texas just before midnight, authorities said.

He was arrested for driving while intoxicated and felony retaliation, after allegedly threatening to fatally shoot highway patrol troopers who responded to a concerned caller who notified authorities of "a man lying in the roadway" Tuesday. The DWI offense is a misdemeanor, authorities said.

While in custody, Travis allegedly threatened "to shoot and kill the troopers working the case," Sgt. Rickey Wheeler of the Grayson County Sheriff's Office said Wednesday.

Travis allegedly refused to take a blood and breath test, and was later forced to submit to a judge's order for a blood specimen taken at a nearby hospital, Wheeler said.

Authorities said he had been in a one-vehicle accident and was released on bond Wednesday morning.

It's not clear whether Travis was injured in the accident, though his mug shot revealed a bruised right eye and several abrasions on his face.

Neither Travis nor his representative could be immediately reached for comment.

120808070939-randy-travis-august-mugshot-story-top.jpg

Yep, there's some lyrics for a new country song somewhere in this story.

rcole_sooner

Beach Bum
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a thread on TDPRI, talking about his ex's and his history. She was his manager, and bailed him out of jail, from a burglary complaint, to start his career. She was 36, he was 17.

I ain't looked all this up, so I don't know the whole story.

It sounds like he needs a lot of "management".

Edit: Hmmm, if one can believe wikipedia, it was quite a sordid affair. :hmm: :laugh2:

dennis g

Reaction score
Just because you have fame and fortune doesn't mean you're not trailer trash!

Blues4U

Reaction score
Would it have been better if he were found telling the truth, Naked in the road.

danohat

Reaction score
Any word on if he's hung like a shrew?

Jim

Banned
Reaction score
Hopefully we find Randy Newman lying naked in a road.

AXE

Six String Soldier
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
If I had a nickel...

EnjoGuitar

Reaction score
Randy Travis was my father(a business manager)'s client for a while. Oh the embarrassment! :shock:

River

Reaction score
His dog died, just the other day, and left him all alone.

The phone company dropped by, to disconnect his phone.

Livin' the dream.

Barcham

Elitist Club Member
Reaction score
He was found lying in the road naked and threatened to shoot and kill the police officers? Where the hell was he carrying his gun? I think that's reason enough for a full cavity search which might explain the look on his face in the mugshot. :laugh2:

Latest Threads