Randy Bachman's happy ending

Jymbopalyse

Reaction score

DavGrape

Some Posts May Be Fictional
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That model looks nice and comfy... I like the narrower pickups, too.
Floating bridges I kinda knock around, but I'd learn to adjust. Gah!

PeteK

Reaction score
But....but..... he put the 'B' in BTO.... that's gotta count for more than one-hit.
I was referring to The Guess Who's one hit. As far as I can tell, BTO is a no hit wonder with a cult following? I did a bit of a deep dive on youtube the other day on BTO and listened to a bunch of their songs. Not bad. Some nice guitar work. But nothing you'd hear regularly on classic rock radio or anything. :dunno:

Matt_21

Reaction score
But nothing you'd hear regularly on classic rock radio or anything. :dunno:
Unless you're in Canada lol
BTO and The Guess Who fill a lot of the "Canadian content" they're required by law to play.

That said Randy Bachman has apparently been living well on royalties from all the songs he wrote for others over the years.

DotStudio

Reaction score
I was referring to The Guess Who's one hit. As far as I can tell, BTO is a no hit wonder with a cult following? I did a bit of a deep dive on youtube the other day on BTO and listened to a bunch of their songs. Not bad. Some nice guitar work. But nothing you'd hear regularly on classic rock radio or anything. :dunno:
We must listen to different classic rock stations. These two songs are played ad nauseum. The second one was a number one hit in the US.

Zungle

Reaction score
Cool. A guy I never heard of was a part of a one hit wonder band that is apparently still the pride of Canada 50 years later. :laugh2:
Sorry Pete....

Its got to be said....

Your embarrassing yourself........;)

The Guess Who was not a one hit wonder, actually very succesful.......

In the music community Randy Bachman is well known and a fixture in 70's music history...

Many cool tunes....

A couple of songs that charted fairly high...

PeteK

Reaction score
Sorry Pete....

Its got to be said....

Your embarrassing yourself........;)

The Guess Who was not a one hit wonder, actually very succesful.......

In the music community Randy Bachman is well known and a fixture in 70's music history...

Cool tune....

A couple of songs that charted fairly high...

Were those hits, or just songs they did that you like?

jlu52

ignoramus maximus emeritus
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool. A guy I never heard of was a part of a one hit wonder band that is apparently still the pride of Canada 50 years later. :laugh2:
Shows how old I am, but the Guess Who were one hell of a rock band in their day. I'm still a big fan over 50 years now.

PeteK

Reaction score
We must listen to different classic rock stations. These two songs are played ad nauseum. The second one was a number one hit in the US.

Ok, fair enough, I didn't know Taking Care of Business was BTO. I retract everything I said. They a super duper important and famous band and all of Canada is made better by their existence.

Zungle

Reaction score
Were those hits, or just songs they did that you like?

All hits.....

Google is your friend.....

Latest Threads