Random Nonsense #2

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
What [email protected] is on TV, We are watching "Toddlers in Tiaras." It is Sick Sick world. I'm waiting for the RAINS. It seems It rained all of August. I just listened to Bowie B-sides>Velvet GoldMine,SweetHead,Ziggy acoustic.... Masters of Reality> a GREAT revolving band with Chris Goss Leading it. Ginger Baker Played with them. Gutsy Hard Cream Like Metal?Then onto Robert Johnson. Dead Shrimp Blues>>>> So haunting. Three DIFFERENT vibes.

70's Glam Rock- Cream Metal? -The Father Of Rock

I found all three guitar bands Thrilling. Ronson is a Beast-Heavy +woody tones. Masters have Mid range Metal Chug and nice fills. Robert is a MYSTERY. What a template he left. I was playing his riffs almost verbatim. I was playing You Gotta Move Thinking of the Stones > While Robert Was barely hiding in the shadows. The guitar has SO many SOUNDS.

I went to a Phils game last night. My friend and I ALWAYS PLAY Iggy or the Stones. Last Night it was More Power> Out-takes from Raw Power. It sounded BRUISING rollin down I 95 . The Philly Skyline looked Ominous as usual. My friend Hank , Got the Whole IGGY revival going. He lent me John langford bio on Iggy With Rollins,Watt<JamesW>johhny Mars... talking about Ig in Mythic terms.

I ALWAYS Loved Ig But I was now Interested in all the Bootlegs. I have just bought California Bleeding. the INFAMOUS HollyWood shows. I LOVE HEARING RAW FEEDS. The Ig Giving it all and BRINGING the Rock. Live +Drugged Men Struggling and clawing as the 70's Grinded on.

I'm talking about revivals. My friend gets me ALL hyped about Rare Iggy. He turns on some more people< A wine-merchant+a young college kid>. Iggy Is Gettin HYPE in the 21st Century. ANYTHING can be RE-Born. Just keeping the Faith alive. I bought a Danny Kirwan Vinyl album+ Hendrix West Coast Seattle Boy......Seeds Live Cd. A Jim Hall album. A WEALTH of Music out there and MOUNTAINS more yet to be created.

Signing off from Philly
Tim Fezz
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgYlmiKBAlY]Dead Shrimp Blues [Remastered] ROBERT JOHNSON (1936) Delta Blues Guitar Legend - YouTube[/ame]

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I have no clue as to why I am posting this, except that it is for your amusement, Tim... for all I know, you don't even *like* The Move... but then again, you very well may. If you haven't heard them already, that is.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuRvumUxMMI]The Move - Do Ya (Studio Take) - YouTube[/ame]

This is what the song sounded like ala Roy Wood, before Jeff Lynne and ELO arranged for a string section accompaniment. ELO's version was great, and it made for a massive hit... but I always preferred Roy Wood's guttier, original version.

--R

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
I have no clue as to why I am posting this, except that it is for your amusement, Tim... for all I know, you don't even *like* The Move... but then again, you very well may. If you haven't heard them already, that is.

The Move - Do Ya (Studio Take) - YouTube

This is what the song sounded like ala Roy Wood, before Jeff Lynne and ELO arranged for a string section accompaniment. ELO's version was great, and it made for a massive hit... but I always preferred Roy Wood's guttier, original version.

--R
I love All that stuff. Roy Wood and Ronnie Lane and Hawkwind and Brian Auger...The Textures of R+R:dude:

matty666

Reaction score
Tim, you want minutiae on Brother Ig and company? Check out the Stooges Forum for all things microscopic regarding our favorite sons of Michigan. And The Move was awesome, we still play California Man ala Cheap Trick when the mood hits us...:dude:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQEPYfXWWnI]The Move - California Man - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN4QKlDYTAw]Cheap Trick - California Man - YouTube[/ame]

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Tim, you want minutiae on Brother Ig and company? Check out the Stooges Forum for all things microscopic regarding our favorite sons of Michigan. And The Move was awesome, we still play California Man ala Cheap Trick when the mood hits us...:dude:

The Move - California Man - YouTube

Cheap Trick - California Man - YouTube

666 When I bought Creem Mag ALL BANDS front to back were original. Mc5,Seger<Tubes> Faces>>>>the list goes on. Most were using simple set-ups and sounded GREAT> I can't believethe effects chains these guys use now,It takes a SMART tech to run. Pat Travers had a Treble boost?

Latest Threads