Random maybe dumb question.. maybe WTF question..

SixAngryStrings

Señor Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I got an Orange micro terror.. seemed like a cool little amp, also for a change of sound.. in theory, I figured I could just plug into this, plugged into the speakers on my BlueFire, and would have a completely different “Orange” sounding amp to fiddle with..

No sound:/

Any wise input (no pun intended)?

1FCF4D82-B5F5-4D49-9CD4-CEE3B6091AC7.jpeg

79E102FC-629F-41AC-84E7-4555DC935C40.jpeg
EE45A8EA-3E95-4895-AECF-FC11549AF0E6.jpeg

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I have no clue...

But if you want, I can send this thread to the Squawk Box forum... that's where the amp guys tend to hang out, most of all.

Or we can just leave it here, as some of the same guys post to this forum almost as much.

--R

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya, hopefully you didn't smoke either/both amps.
That speaker lead hanging from the Bluefire is what needs to plug into the Orange.

You effectively just plugged a guitar into another guitar ;)

Also, use speaker cables... Shielded guitar cables are not the proper cable for speaker output.
They're OK for low wattage, but the proper cable is just a regular zip-cord like a lamp cord.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
If I am comprehending this situation properly, that output needs to be driving a load (ohms) presented by the speakers. Plug the dangling 90-degree 1/4" plug (on the Bluefire) into the Orange output.

SixAngryStrings

Señor Member
Reaction score
I’m trying to put the output into the input of the speaker cab.. don’t get why it’s not working.

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Reaction score
I’m trying to put the output into the input of the speaker cab.. don’t get why it’s not working.
You have the output of the Orange plugged into the output of the BlueFire.

That right angle plug with the black and white wires is the input to the speakers.
THAT needs to plug into the Orange... and do not power up the BlueFire when the speakers are not plugged in.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
Trace the wires from the actual speaker to the plug. I think it will be the 90-degree with the white and black wires. That needs to go into the output of the Orange.

SixAngryStrings

Señor Member
Reaction score
Ya, hopefully you didn't smoke either/both amps.
That speaker lead hanging from the Bluefire is what needs to plug into the Orange.

You effectively just plugged a guitar into another guitar ;)

Also, use speaker cables... Shielded guitar cables are not the proper cable for speaker output.
They're OK for low wattage, but the proper cable is just a regular zip-cord like a lamp cord.
DAMN!! I think you’re right.. maybe I was reverse thinking this.. so, should I just plug into the output connection on the Orange?

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Reaction score
DAMN!! I think you’re right.. maybe I was reverse thinking this.. so, should I just plug into the output connection on the Orange?
Right angle plug directly to the Orange (if the leads are long enough)
For insurance, unplug the BlueFire from the wall any time the speakers are not plugged in.

Hopefully, you're OK... the BlueFire, if it's a tube amp, output transformer presented an 8 ohm load to the Orange. Hopefully the Orange did not generate enough voltage to blow anything on the primary side of the BlueFire's OT.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
You want the speakers from the Bluefire plugged into the output of the Orange. The speakers of the Bluefire have nothing to do with the amp chassis. So, don't plug anything into the chassis. Take the plug from the speakers (90-degree with black/white wires) and plug it into the output of the orange.

SixAngryStrings

Señor Member
Reaction score
You want the speakers from the Bluefire plugged into the output of the Orange. The speakers of the Bluefire have nothing to do with the amp chassis. So, don't plug anything into the chassis. Take the plug from the speakers (90-degree with black/white wires) and plug it into the output of the orange.
I did that.. so I thought.

SixAngryStrings

Señor Member
Reaction score
I got it! You guys are f’n awesome!! This thing sounds amazing!

D3AC8E02-A6F9-4015-9603-C23F3375F008.jpeg

efstop

The dickens you say!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Micro Terrors are terrific wee amps. They're quite loud, and you can use headphones with them.

Pop1655

Reaction score
If I can piggyback your thread, I'm trying to find the right box to make this easy. I have a boutique Princeton with a Weber 12A125 that does fender clean exactly like it should. I did what you're doing and unplugged the speaker and ran to my Marshall C110 with a Celestion Gold. I loved the result. A completely different voicing. Not better, just different. Now I've picked up the little Marshall DSL1HR. Sounds great through the C110. I'm really liking it. Now I want to try it through the Weber.

I'd love to have a desktop box with an Amp A, Amp B and a Cab A, Cab B where I could flip a switch and have 4 amps at my fingertips without crawling around moving cables.

efstop

The dickens you say!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I can piggyback your thread, I'm trying to find the right box to make this easy. I have a boutique Princeton with a Weber 12A125 that does fender clean exactly like it should. I did what you're doing and unplugged the speaker and ran to my Marshall C110 with a Celestion Gold. I loved the result. A completely different voicing. Not better, just different. Now I've picked up the little Marshall DSL1HR. Sounds great through the C110. I'm really liking it. Now I want to try it through the Weber.

I'd love to have a desktop box with an Amp A, Amp B and a Cab A, Cab B where I could flip a switch and have 4 amps at my fingertips without crawling around moving cables.
The Radial Headbone VT switches between two different amps with one cab, so you just need a simple switch that both cabs plug into, going into the VT output.

Latest Threads