Ran into mudfinger on a corner..

LtDave32

I'm walkin' on sunshine
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I went down to Long Beach this weekend to see some family. I heard some rumor that our own mudfinger was going to be busking on a corner in Belmont Shore, so I'd thought I'd hunt him up. Sure enough, there was a collection of cohorts assembled outside Lucille's restaurant (Southern comfort food; a fitting venue for the music they played), and I watched the group for a few minutes, waiting for a break to introduce myself. There was this other guy lurking near the curb, of whom I paid no attention to while the band played. I introduced myself to the guy on the metal National guitar, and he said "That guy over there is mudfinger". I turned around and there he was, in all his bearded glory.

They played me some acoustic Zep, some Little Feat, etc. Excellent. Mud's a fine singer, great slide player, and my only regret is that we couldn't stay longer..

Mud, you got that pic of that? Post it up!

Sin Nombre

Reaction score
I went down to Long Beach this weekend to see some family. I heard some rumor that our own mudfinger was going to be busking on a corner in Belmont Shore, so I'd thought I'd hunt him up. Sure enough, there was a collection of cohorts assembled outside Lucille's restaurant (Southern comfort food; a fitting venue for the music they played), and I watched the group for a few minutes, waiting for a break to introduce myself. There was this other guy lurking near the curb, of whom I paid no attention to while the band played. I introduced myself to the guy on the metal National guitar, and he said "That guy over there is mudfinger". I turned around and there he was, in all his bearded glory.

They played me some acoustic Zep, some Little Feat, etc. Excellent. Mud's a fine singer, great slide player, and my only regret is that we couldn't stay longer..

Mud, you got that pic of that? Post it up!

Cool. :thumb:

Was he on his favorite corner or was that homeless guy hogging it again???

HeartString

>>>RSIYH<<<
Reaction score
I read him saying in a post he had met you. I thought that was pretty cool Dave!! Any chance you could be a traveling reporter for MLP ;)

LtDave32

I'm walkin' on sunshine
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I read him saying in a post he had met you. I thought that was pretty cool Dave!! Any chance you could be a traveling reporter for MLP ;)

What post was that? Must have missed it.

LtDave32

I'm walkin' on sunshine
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
What post was that? Must have missed it.

..And while I love my MLP friends, I can't roam the countryside looking for MLP members. I'll just take them as I find them. With 84,000 members, I'm bound to run across a few.

MeKevin

Reaction score

You could go around and check up on us with a real life ban-hammer.

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Ran into mudfinger on a corner...

Sounds like a lyric in a blues song...

--R :D

X–Ray

Cowbell by Misadventure
Reaction score
I see mud everywhere - especially in spring and fall

:wave:

DHBucker

Reaction score
I believe running into a mudfinger could land one in 6x9 room with three hots and a cot. Well, depending on local indecency laws....

mudfinger

Thanks for the memories.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Good times!

It was really nice to meet you in person, Dave. I knew from your posts on the board that you were a good guy, but one can always get a better sense of these things in person. :thumb:

...Just so all you ruffians know, I made good on my promise in another thread, and greeted him with my best Forrest Gump impression. Since I still have all of my teeth, you may rest assured, Dave's sense of humor is substantial. :laugh2:

In fact, we were all cracking up the whole time, a non-stop barrage of jokes. I wanted a picture, so I gave my phone to one of the boys, and threw my arm over Dave's shoulder. But the camera was being fussy, and so we're standing there, and I look over, and say, "you know, this is gonna be awkward in just a few moments..."

At which point, of course, the camera goes off:

Samsung1_028.jpg

We pulled ourselves together for a better shot, but it took a moment. :laugh2:

Samsung1_029.jpg

Next time, if you can stick around a bit longer, I'm gonna put you to work for a song or two. :cool:

Yeah, that made my night, thanks for dropping by, bud. :D

Latest Threads