Ram Jam "Black Betty" '70s Les Paul action

Harpozep

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMLnDuzgkjo]YouTube - Ram Jam "Black Betty"[/ame]

smk506

Reaction score
Lol, the bass player, hahaha! Midwestern love ballad to uppers? Maybe so, but I still love it.

Leumas

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
This is one of my favorite tunes of all time. Thanks!

The_Sentry

Reaction score
I always dug that song. So much so that when this came out, it didn't bother me so much...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD8nNfUA8bc]YouTube - Tom Jones - Black Betty[/ame]

G-Minor

Reaction score
my dad said these guys didnt live too far away from cincinnati and he used to see them perform at the souythgate house

zontar

Reaction score
I always dug that song. So much so that when this came out, it didn't bother me so much...

YouTube - Tom Jones - Black Betty

My brain kept saying-"Don't click on that, don't click ont hat"

But I did.

I should have listened to my brain...

So here's the closest to an original version of the song as you can find. There's debate whether he actually wrote the song or not. But as far I can tell--this is the original--And I like this one-

Last edited by a moderator:

twinrider1

Reaction score
Bump again because another thread offers a cover and folks should hear the original too:D

lol, I think that was me. Didn't see this thread. It was late.

Ram Jam does a great job. Funny video, so wrong technically it's great. The dancing guy is letting his redneck freak flag fly. :dude:

LOL!! Check it out at 1:10. I never noticed before, but his guitar cable is plugged into the kick drum. Priceless.

Dr. Phil on bass!

Harpozep

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
lol, I think that was me. Didn't see this thread. It was late.

Ram Jam does a great job. Funny video, so wrong technically it's great. The dancing guy is letting his redneck freak flag fly. :dude:

LOL!! Check it out at 1:10. I never noticed before, but his guitar cable is plugged into the kick drum. Priceless.

Dr. Phil on bass!

No Harm bro! Weak minds think alike here at MLP!:D:D
It's all good. Just a fun song, the more the merrier. I actually like the Tom Jones one now,it took a bit, but it grew on me.

Now if I could ever get over my Pat Boone fear I might actually like his metal period:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoMwhm-OOg8]YouTube - You've Got Another Thing Comin' - Pat Boone (Judas Priest Cover)[/ame]

twinrider1

Reaction score
That is a wild headstock. The inlays look pretty dark too, although it's hard to tell on that video. Far as I know, '72 is the only year Gibson used those embossed pups.

eaglewolf

Reaction score
Whoa! After that Tom Jones version and the Pat Boone take on Judas Priest, I had to go back and wash my ears out with some Ram Jam and the real version of You Got Another Thing Comin!

Okay, I'm better now. Yes, Black Betty is an awesome song. I love the guitar tones on that song. Maybe I'll go listen to it again.

David

b-squared

Banned
Reaction score
I think we discussed this guitar about a year ago. :D Apparently it had a neck break, and he had a neck made for it.

Love that tune. :D An era where you didn't have to look like a chick or be extra-good-looking to play rock and roll...LOL. (In other words, even I could be a rock star...remember the singer for Vandenberg?)

BB

Latest Threads