Raiders Coach Jon Gruden Resigns Over Racist, Homophobic, Misogynistic Emails

Crotch

Skippy Handleman
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 565421

Couldn’t happen to a nicer team, lol.
Now to find out that Andy Reid grabbed a waiter’s ass at Olive Garden.
The West is ours.
I'd be more worried about him grabbing extra breadsticks than grabbing ass. Unless, of course the ass was covered in alfredo.

PeteK

Reaction score
Gruden has always been an annoying douche. When he was in the broadcast booth, it was so bad it was funny. Some dogshit QB like Blake Bortles would make a garbage time pass and Gruden would start drooling over them like they are the best thing to ever happen to football. More than once I remember his co-announcer having to reign him in with a comment like "That Bortles TD cuts the lead to 35 points". :laugh2:

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
Well Gruden might be all that but in the end the cancel culture wins again. Not a fucking thing to celebrate here
Well, I’m a Chargers fan, soooo…..
I’ll add to this that what he said actually is fuckin racist. It’s not some trivial little shit that was taken wrong. He all but said they all have n****r lips.
That’s not fuckin cool. This wasn’t when he was a kid growing up in a rough town. This was when he was a professional in the NFL.
Fuck him.

TXOldRedRocker

A Variant Of Unknown Origin
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well Gruden might be all that but in the end the cancel culture wins again. Not a fucking thing to celebrate here
Took the words right out of my mouth. A society that is celebratory over attempts to dig up dirt on anyone and everyone just so they can do harm. Not defending Gruden, but this is such a damn cancer to us all.

pondcaster

Reaction score
Title of this thread should read:

Raiders Coach Jon Gruden Resigns Over Getting Caught Sending Racist, Homophobic, Misogynistic Emails And Repeatedly Boldface Lying About It

More will undoubtedly come out (and he knows it) and any self-respecting high profile/billion dollar company would launch an employee for much less, imo.

Last edited:

wildhawk1

Reaction score
Took the words right out of my mouth. A society that is celebratory over attempts to dig up dirt on anyone and everyone just so they can do harm. Not defending Gruden, but this is such a damn cancer to us all.
Indeed.

Technology now records our thoughts and actions forever be it Facebook, IM's, email, retail purchases, etc.

We could all face the same dilemma as Gruden is someone dug deep enough.

pondcaster

Reaction score
What do you feel his options were?
I've not thought about that much but since he knew what he's done over the years, his comments in the last day or two seem... weird to me?

So maybe he should try not lying through his teeth? Did he actually think he could say those things and not have an avalanche of evidence be brought to light?

On a positive note, Urban is probably pretty happy to have the news cycle off him fur a few days.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
I've not thought about that much but since he knew what he's done over the years, his comments in the last day or two seem... weird to me?

So maybe try not lying through your teeth?
Well, cancel culture isn’t really about forgiveness or allowing people to change, unless it’s someone busted on their side for the same shit they speak out against.
Gruden could have lied, not lied, eaten a baby on YouTube, taken a shit on his neighbor’s lawn, eaten a tuna sandwich….
It was all gonna end the same and there won’t be any difference in the result.
It’s just a news cycle. Nobody will remember this next week, except maybe the Raiders’ locker room.

dc007

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Latest Threads