Radioactive water in Florida prompts evacuation

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
So now, apparently it's OK to pump this shit into Tampa Bay. Evacuate people, but go ahead... pump it into the bay.

What could go wrong?

Hey, maybe they can pipe it down to Miami and pump it in the ocean there? That may get the Spring Breakers to leave :laugh2:

Idiots.

cjpeck

Reaction score
So now, apparently it's OK to pump this shit into Tampa Bay. Evacuate people, but go ahead... pump it into the bay.

What could go wrong?

Hey, maybe they can pipe it down to Miami and pump it in the ocean there? That may get the Spring Breakers to leave :laugh2:

Idiots.
I dunno. Maybe it's the flood risk they're trying to mitigate.

Meh. Someone should probably just shoot the people responsible.

mdubya

Reaction score

What could go wrong?

Idiots.

It will cancel out the effects of the BP oil pipe spewing oil.

We humans are f****** geniuses.

danohat

Reaction score

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I dunno. Maybe it's the flood risk they're trying to mitigate.

Meh. Someone should probably just shoot the people responsible.
I like how you think... but, we have an ammo shortage currently, so we are going to need to prioritize who we shoot first. The morons responsible for this mess can wait.

Maybe we can just cane them, this time?

Last edited:

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It will cancel out the effects of the BP oil pipe spewing oil.

We humans are f****** geniuses.

The real geniuses are the people who allowed residential housing to be built near that place. Or, if the neighborhood was there first, then the fuck sticks who allowed the treatment plant to go next them should be de-balled, so they can no longer continue the gene pool of their stupidity.

Instead... Fuck them environmental regulations - they keep getting in the way of PROFIT.

smh

KSG_Standard

Reaction score
It's slightly acidic water with concentrations of phosphates and other organics slightly higher than what's allowed to be discharged into bays and saltwater all over America. It's got some radon in it, but it's not radioactive enough to worry about. Dumping it into Tampa Bay is smart. It will be further diluted when dumped into the bay/ocean.

The danger if the damn dam breaks is not poisoned ground, drinking water or irradiated children...it's flooding they're worried about.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
We've been trying to outdo Love Canal for decades. Give us time - we'll get there :laugh2:

rabidhamster

Reaction score
It's slightly acidic water with concentrations of phosphates and other organics slightly higher than what's allowed to be discharged into bays and saltwater all over America. It's got some radon in it, but it's not radioactive enough to worry about. Dumping it into Tampa Bay is smart. It will be further diluted when dumped into the bay/ocean.

The danger if the damn dam breaks is not poisoned ground, drinking water or irradiated children...it's flooding they're worried about.
Loads of heavy metal. It only meets standard for marine waters, except for where it doesn’t, because standards for marine waters are terrible.

They didn’t have all this waste stored out there just because they were too lazy to dump it in the ocean already.

rabidhamster

Reaction score
Costco eggs, for some reason, have a hint of chicken taste/smell. I do find that odd also.
I find eggs that aren’t super fresh start tasting like Chicken.

I know that also makes a great joke, but I really notice it in a variety of sources. when eggs taste chickeny I stop eating

KSG_Standard

Reaction score
Loads of heavy metal. It only meets standard for marine waters, except for where it doesn’t, because standards for marine waters are terrible.

They didn’t have all this waste stored out there just because they were too lazy to dump it in the ocean already.
The Florida Department of Environmental Protection says the water in the pond is primarily saltwater mixed with wastewater and stormwater. It has elevated levels of phosphorous and nitrogen and is acidic, but does not appear to be toxic. It is not radioactive.

Do you have a link to any article that says heavy metals are present in large quantities in the leaking pond? I couldn’t find one in a quick search.

Latest Threads