R9 authenticity help

pillbug

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals, about to purchase my second ever reissue. Can you just weigh in on authenticity from these photos (ignore the pickups, they're Duncans):

IMG_4014.jpeg

IMG_4017.jpeg

IMG_4016.jpeg

Side Burns

#==€@)
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you post pics of the front and back of the headstock and a full on pic of the top but so far it looks legit.

Wait for the rest of the crew to weigh in.

spartacus slim

Reaction score
Judging by that swirly fingerboard inlay, looks like a slightly older R9. More pics would help. Serial number?

pillbug

Reaction score
Judging by that swirly fingerboard inlay, looks like a slightly older R9. More pics would help. Serial number?
Thanks. To clarify, I just wanted to know if this is what a proper long tenon, pickup and control cavity should look like since I’ve only owned one reissue (and no longer have it to compare).

spartacus slim

Reaction score
Thanks. To clarify, I just wanted to know if this is what a proper long tenon, pickup and control cavity should look like since I’ve only owned one reissue (and no longer have it to compare).
Looks legit to me. I’m sure other much more knowledgeable folks on here will chime in also...

pillbug

Reaction score
Well spotted... It's a 2007 R9, coming from Dave's Guitar Shop. I'll post a NGD when it arrives but for now here's the pic from their web site.

Thanks to everyone who helped ID this as legit. After sleeping on it for two nights, I went ahead and took the plunge today. This will be my 2nd Reissue and my first ever R9.

Only hesitancy was, it's missing the COA (but it does have the Lifton case).

C19D7DD5-E8A3-44B0-AF02-07E7496EB2F0_1_201_a.jpeg

calieng

Reaction score
Well spotted... It's a 2007 R9, coming from Dave's Guitar Shop. I'll post a NGD when it arrives but for now here's the pic from their web site.

Thanks to everyone who helped ID this as legit. After sleeping on it for two nights, I went ahead and took the plunge today. This will be my 2nd Reissue and my first ever R9.

View attachment 536189
Blank COA booklets pop up from time to time on eBay if you want to grab one. Just need a fine tip black marker to add the serial. They go for about $100.

Anyway nice score. And I am glad you got actual pics as Dave's stock photos have a lot of contrast enhancement.

Love to see the pics when she arrives.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score

View attachment 536189
Ouch!
"Hurts so good..."

Latest Threads