R8 - Twoface

bigkahoona

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Have you ever come across a Les Paul with a dismatched top? I mean really dismatched, not only asymmetrical flame or different kind of grain across the top.

Meet my R8 from 2010. I called it Twoface for a pretty obvious reason as you'll notice :slash:
I bought it at a local shop and didn't notice it due to bad lighting or something. It's only 3,8kg/7,6 pounds and very resonant sounding when unplugged :)

Cheers,
Chris

Attachments

• twoface.jpg
    twoface.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 213

InfiniteeZ

Reaction score
Looks great!! Grats on her!
Any chance of more pics? :D

bigkahoona

Reaction score
Here are two more pics with finer detail :thumb:
The upper side really glows with shimmering 3D bits, the other one shows grain and actually looks quite dark in some light situations.

Attachments

• DSC_0123klein.JPG
    DSC_0123klein.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 138
  • DSC_0130klein.JPG
    DSC_0130klein.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC_0200klein.JPG
    DSC_0200klein.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 99

jimmer_5

Reaction score
Wow - 7.6 pounds is super light! Congrats on your new guitar!

LesAdrian

Reaction score
The upper side really glows with shimmering 3D bits, the other one shows grain and actually looks quite dark in some light situations.

Thats look badass men:applause:

bigkahoona

Reaction score
Thanks all! I actually own the guitar for almost one year by now and haven't really seen anything similar to date. Except for one real vintage 58/59 in BOTB, which is not that extreme, however goes in the same direction. I don't have the book at hand at the moment but I'll look up the serial number :fingersx:
Would be interesting to see if anyone has a similar one. Interestingly enough, from some perspectives (e.g. from the bottom) it's the same "brightness" or glow on both sides.

@dudu: I've seen that one before, but to be honest, I'm not a huge fan ;-)
But hey, everyone has a different taste, right? Would be boring if we all would run around with cloned Les Pauls.

dudu

Reaction score
That burst/goldtop guitar is an atrocity. Whoever commissioned it should be shot to death.

aspDev

Reaction score

Hey man that axe is legit!:thumb:

muddywinter

Reaction score
I had a martin 00028-EC that had a top that was mismatched just like that. It's unique I Love the look of your lespaul it's sweet.

442 SLASH

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Have you ever come across a Les Paul with a dismatched top? I mean really dismatched, not only asymmetrical flame or different kind of grain across the top.

Meet my R8 from 2010. I called it Twoface for a pretty obvious reason as you'll notice :slash:
I bought it at a local shop and didn't notice it due to bad lighting or something. It's only 3,8kg/7,6 pounds and very resonant sounding when unplugged :)

Cheers,
Chris

I wonder if she has a twin :hmm:

GuitarGuy503

Reaction score
Twoface you say?

DS01389298_2.jpg

DS01389298_1.jpg

DS01389298.jpg

DS01389298_3.jpg

"I was so torn between a Goldtop and a Burst that I just couldn't for the life of me make up my mind and settle on one or the other". "Having said that, allow me to introduce you to my halfburstgoldtop Les Paul".... :shock:

River

Reaction score
I've seen quite a few oddball tops at Wildwood over the last few years. Some of their SGs, in particular, were odd ducks indeed.

I admired every one of them, and almost drove up there to get a bizarre-looking SG.

Yours is quite remarkable, and I admire it.

duck2k

Reaction score
IMHO I think a mis-match is a match made in heaven. Beautiful R8 ya got thar!:thumb:

jonas335

Reaction score
Very nice - I'm a big fan of non-flametop LPs. The flametops are all starting to look the same to me - I like the little individual grain things that happen in plaintops...:)

jamman

Reaction score
Oh No , not that gold top again :shock: As long as you like it .......

To the OP, if you take look at the '55ri's , they have umatched tops. Wildwood has a few left .
Yours looks like a fine guitar . Now go Play the Hell out of it. Congrats :thumb:

ADSR

Reaction score
First off, The gold burst... only a mother could love.

The two face first posted, i could never own. Being a carpenter by trade, all i see is a mistake. Someone was asleep at the wheel on that shift because that should not happen.

I have to say if they did match either one side, would have been a home run. Any close up's of the back of the head stock?

Latest Threads