R8 swap for CR8 - advice needed

FUS44

Reaction score
+1 to "Do it".

The cR8 is worth more because of the top and they sell themselves because there is always someone wondering about "those chambered/cloud 9/abominations". I kid.
I have been a proud CR8 owner for 8 years and fielded several offers. They are rare enough
to raise demand. Plain top R8, not so much. (even though it may be a really great guitar.)

joedonner2001

Reaction score
I've actually decided against doing the swap. Won't go into the details here, but I don't feel comfortable with it on this occasion.

But thanks very much for all the replies - much appreciated.

rockinlespaul

Oxblood Addict
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I think you did the right thing.

Plus, you figure if his is worth more I'm sure he knows that too. You gotta ask yourself why is he wanting to make the trade? He might have a tone turd....

joedonner2001

Reaction score
I think you did the right thing.

Plus, you figure if his is worth more I'm sure he knows that too. You gotta ask yourself why is he wanting to make the trade? He might have a tone turd....

He does know that, and said as much.

But sometimes people have different reasons for doing what they're doing. I once swapped an SG Custom for an R0 which was way more valuable in terms of money. That guy had some, shall we say, sentimental reasons for wanting the SG - a long-standing regret for selling a similar guitar in the past, so was happy to take the hit in the swap.

So this guy must have his reasons, and we'll never really know.

But anyway - again, thanks for all the kind advice.

Latest Threads