R8 Plain Top Day Every Day

ESS102

Reaction score
Did you actually work at Gibson aging them?
I think Gibson did a terrific job with them… they look amazing. Have had several aged Gibsons and these are amongst the very best…
Yes I did, and still do. I’m in the Murphy Lab now. I’ve been at the custom shop since 2010. Got a job there when I got out of the Army. I’ve been aging guitars since 2014.

ESS102

Reaction score
I actually ordered a custom aged pickguard though.. as the original aged pickguard seems to have a spray on material which i fear would wear out as I play… Silly haha but I actually really like that new pickguard, i think it looks more like the real one :)
Oh you mean the “True Historic” pickguard? Yea I think those plastics look closer to the original stuff. Especially the switch tip and truss rod covers.,

Torshalla

Reaction score
Yes I did, and still do. I’m in the Murphy Lab now. I’ve been at the custom shop since 2010. Got a job there when I got out of the Army. I’ve been aging guitars since 2014.
Man this is really cool! Well since I have the opportunity of writing directly to you, thank you for doing such an amazing job with thos run mate!
I also have a 2010 aged AFD and a 2013 aged Perry (both signed), wonder if you worked on them too… the Perry is ”signed” by TM though maybe he did not do it all himself? Anyway mate, I love these aged guitars and the 58 is particularly amazing looking… you guys do an amazing job!

ESS102

Reaction score
Oh you mean the “True Historic” pickguard? Yea I think those plastics look closer to the original stuff. Especially the switch tip and truss rod covers.,
Oh sorry I miss read that. You ordered a custom one.

ESS102

Reaction score
Man this is really cool! Well since I have the opportunity of writing directly to you, thank you for doing such an amazing job with thos run mate!
I also have a 2010 aged AFD and a 2013 aged Perry (both signed), wonder if you worked on them too… the Perry is ”signed” by TM though maybe he did not do it all himself? Anyway mate, I love these aged guitars and the 58 is particularly amazing looking… you guys do an amazing job!
Thank you for the kind words. We are proud of them. We try very hard to get everything right with the artist/signature models. I didn’t personally work on the AFD, but I did have a hand with the Joe Perry’s. I loved the Perry’s, such a unique look.

Torshalla

Reaction score
Oh sorry I miss read that. You ordered a custom one.

Yeah i like the Gibson aged pickguard, but i am afraid of wearing the spray on material that was applied on it… see below pic of the guitar with its original pickguard, some was already starting to wear when i got it
4A31573F-3BFD-460C-9E3D-41B2BDC45AD7.jpeg

Torshalla

Reaction score
Thank you for the kind words. We are proud of them. We try very hard to get everything right with the artist/signature models. I didn’t personally work on the AFD, but I did have a hand with the Joe Perry’s. I loved the Perry’s, such a unique look.
You should be proud mate, amazing instruments / art pieces. I love the Perry, remains my number 1… love the feel / neck profile and tone so much…

ESS102

Reaction score
Yea I get why you would do that. It definitely helps the value to keep the pickguard looking like it should.

Latest Threads