R8 neck fading

Danelectro

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Here are a couple examples of neck fade...

Neck Fade.jpg

Darkscience

Reaction score
Just a wild out of the box thinking guess but...probably because that part gets heavily handled compared to the rest of the guitar.

BluesBreaker78

Reaction score
Just a wild out of the box thinking guess but...probably because that part gets heavily handled compared to the rest of the guitar.
Well it seems to be more the areas that are exposed to sunlight more of the time rather than the areas that get handled most. When the guitar is on my lap, the back and the bottom edge are obviously against my body and they are still red, the top edge and the back of the neck are the bits that are faded and they're the bits that are exposed to light more of the time. But, I could be wrong lol

BluesBreaker78

Reaction score
You just noticed that lol
Well I'd only had the guitar a couple of days. I didn't notice it in the shop when I bought it as it was dark outside and it wasn't obvious under the lighting in the shop.

Darkscience

Reaction score
Well it seems to be more the areas that are exposed to sunlight more of the time rather than the areas that get handled most. When the guitar is on my lap, the back and the bottom edge are obviously against my body and they are still red, the top edge and the back of the neck are the bits that are faded and they're the bits that are exposed to light more of the time. But, I could be wrong lol
You have a point. Whoever owned it before must have played it a lot because it spent most of its life sideways.

strat1701

El Diablo Cazador De Hombres
Reaction score
only way to avoid this is keep it in it's case....don't even look at it....still got the old tagger on it.... :D

Shit mine are the opposite, the dye is bleeding turning the binding orange on one of mine, darker where my hand sits when chording.

BluesBreaker78

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Yeah just to clarify, I love the fading! It's a big plus point in my book, the guitar taking on a unique appearance as it ages is really cool I think

BluesBreaker78

Reaction score
only way to avoid this is keep it in it's case....don't even look at it....still got the old tagger on it.... :D

Shit mine are the opposite, the dye is bleeding turning the binding orange on one of mine, darker where my hand sits when chording.
I only have a bit of bleed on the bottom edge binding, but I love that too lol I wouldn't mind if there was more!

Latest Threads