R8 Brazilian value

axeman3d

Reaction score
Hi it was on eBay but I asked for a buy it now, it apparently used to belong to Kim of historic makeovers I believe the pickups were changed at that point.

Anyone got any feedback on the Peter florence 59 pafs?

Cheers

JPP373

Reaction score
On Ebay-Wow. Kim has told me about this one. You have the link to the Ebay auction? I look everday and must've missed it.

JPP373

Reaction score
Man you got a Killer deal on that one..Nice score:applause: Kim has brought this one up a few times. Kim is a member here and i'm sure he can give you more specifics but he said he really liked this one and wished he still had it. Was orininaly purchased from Mark at Mark's Guitar loft? Kim sold it quite a while ago i think? Do you live in the U.K.? or is she coming back to the U.S.?

axeman3d

Reaction score
I am in th uk so not got far to come to me, sunny Scotland :)

Cheers

JPP373

Reaction score

eaglewolf

Reaction score
Nice guitar. The Brazilian boards I've had have been my favorite guitars in how they played, even though both were PRS guitars.

David

teame1

Reaction score
I had that on my watch list. Just noticed it ended early.....11 last night.
Nice score. I thought you ginger gened north of the border types only played Yamaha SG2000's? Only joking. Nice score. Personally I love the look of that guitar. I got flamed out long long ago. Maple veneered guitars are 10 a penny. Are you taking a road trip to gwent to pick it up?
So it went for 1800 sterling? A good price for a 58 ri with custom pickups irrespective of the rare Braz board.

axeman3d

Reaction score
hi not many gingers up here at all to be honest :)

no road trip i need to wait with all the bank holidays its wedensday it coming here.
yes i think the price was real good especcially with the braz. and i do think the top looks very nice. :thumb:

Mike60

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
flame tops are more than that but not a plain top.....maybe half that, especially if it is not original. but i have paid a premium on a guitar or two in my time if i wanted it bad enough. so that is what it comes down to - what is it worth to him?

there's a R8 Stinger on Da Bay...available to anyone who wants it for 4k...

axeman3d

Reaction score
That stinger looks real nice for a new one, idid not know the still made them?

uburoibob

Reaction score
That stinger looks real nice for a new one, idid not know the still made them?

These were 2nd run Burst Brothers guitars that never made it to market. When that whole thing imploded and went belly up, Gibson went back over the headstocks with a stinger to cover up the serials and put new ones on. So, limited, etc. Think of them as Butcher Covers... but don't try to take the stinger off to see the original serial (as you would by steaming the cover off the Beatles' Yesterday and Today record album to see the Butcher Photo underneath...).

Bob

Jonny333

Reaction score
Damn, I was gonna bid on that one but he ended the auction early :( Congrats anyway.

Latest Threads