R.I.P Peter Green.

Ph03n1x

Reaction score
I used to think 73 years was old. Now that seems like too young of an age to die.

lawrev

Reaction score
A major loss, no doubt. I came to appreciate his work and that of early FM over the past five years.

ARandall

Reaction score
Just saw the article, and initially thought it was clickbait. But was saddened to see it was legit. Once of the masters indeed has left us.

Red Pharoah

Reaction score
Sad to hear he has passed on. One talented musician! His music lives on!

bblooz

Reaction score
I regularly listen to Gary Moore's tribute album "Blues for Greeny", but was just listening to the "Fleetwood Mac - Vaudeville Years" album last week. Great Early stuff. I also recommend "Live at the Boston Tea Party", recorded in February of 1970, just before Peter left the band, giving his famous '59 'burst to Gary and dropping into obscurity for years. That recording isn't the greatest technically, but the performances are classic.

Midnight Blues

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
A very, very sad day indeed. Without question, one of the best.

R.I.P. Peter and thank you for all the great music you made.

Just a couple of my many favorites:

I know many will disagree with me, or may not even like what I'm about to type, but just as Jeff Beck is my favorite guitarist to come out of the Yardbirds, Peter Green was my favorite guitarist to come out of John Mayall & The Blues Breakers.

Last edited:

Latest Threads