Quit my band, here’s my farewell

wyldelife

Reaction score
So last year I quit the band I was in, Underwing.

I quit the band because it demanded more commitment than I could give due to having a full-time job as a teacher as well as a baby on the way.

I still had one final song left to record with the band called “House on Fire”.

This is the solo from that song.

It was a very difficult solo to make but I was very pleased with the final result.

I recorded the solo with my Fender American Standard Strat on the recording, but did this jam in the backyard to check out how it sounded with my new #1, the Gibson Les Paul Special!

I used the Strymon Iridium as an amp sim on the Marshall mode and used my 1981 DRV to “drive the amp”.

Would love to hear your thoughts on both the playing and the tone!

rxbandit

Reaction score
And also... that backyard looks absolutely killer

10/10 would drink beer in

TheWhigs

Reaction score
Nice soloing! Great sound and phrasing. :yesway:

Apropos, congrats on the the baby coming soon!:yesway::yesway:

Love the LP as well.

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Play it while jumping on the trampoline and I'll be impressed.

Just kidding, that was awesome!

Deftone

Reaction score
Great tone and playing. Very well done.

wyldelife

Reaction score
BTW Nice solo and tone, I especially like the bit around 33, 35.
That’s my favorite bit as well!

coming from this community of Les Paul playing people, it is so awesome to get so many nice words!
Have had this LP for four months now and I was in love from the first chord!
Truly, thank you so much!

rogue3

Reaction score
So last year I quit the band I was in, Underwing.

I quit the band because it demanded more commitment than I could give due to having a full-time job as a teacher as well as a baby on the way.

I still had one final song left to record with the band called “House on Fire”.

This is the solo from that song.

It was a very difficult solo to make but I was very pleased with the final result.

I recorded the solo with my Fender American Standard Strat on the recording, but did this jam in the backyard to check out how it sounded with my new #1, the Gibson Les Paul Special!

I used the Strymon Iridium as an amp sim on the Marshall mode and used my 1981 DRV to “drive the amp”.

Would love to hear your thoughts on both the playing and the tone!

Excellent! :yesway:I'm envious! Looks like the side of a mountain in British Columbia?:cool2:(i have a friend/player who moved to Victoria island,and his backyard was similar> mountains!.)

Good choice to concentrate on baby.You will never get those years back.Similiar thing happened to me.And i continued to play,but maintained my responsibilities.You never know when the bell rings down the road to play when kids are older. I also kept my job.good choice there.A teachers pension down the road is absolutely golden, if you are canuck!

Your Tone is great,though my preference is cleaner,like a clean Marshall driven to the edge,but,that's just personal preference.I have the gear,and still plug in to get the drive when the mood strikes.I know its good because the neighbors kid hears me playing,now he is bouncing up and down on the trampoline with a toy guitar his mom just bought him in hand yelling rock and roll!roflmao.(she is hot and single,lol, a guitar players cross to bear...it doesn't help that she looks like Gwyneth Paltrow's sister.:eek2:...but i digress...)

great lead work,keep your chops as best you can.the page will turn one day!

Last edited:

wyldelife

Reaction score
Excellent! :yesway:I'm envious! Looks like the side of a mountain in British Columbia?:cool2:(i have a friend/player who moved to Victoria island,and his backyard was similar> mountains!.)

Good choice to concentrate on baby.You will never get those years back.Similiar thing happened to me.And i continued to play,but maintained my responsibilities.You never know when the bell rings down the road to play when kids are older. I also kept my job.good choice there.A teachers pension down the road is absolutely golden, if you are canuck!

Your Tone is great,though my preference is cleaner,like a clean Marshall driven to the edge,but,that's just personal preference.I have the gear,and still plug in to get the drive when the mood strikes.I know its good because the neighbors kid hears me playing,now he is bouncing up and down on the trampoline with a toy guitar his mom just bought him in hand yelling rock and roll!roflmao.(she is hot and single,lol, a guitar players cross to bear...it doesn't help that she looks like Gwyneth Paltrow's sister.:eek2:...but i digress...)

great lead work,keep your chops as best you can.the page will turn one day!
Hahaha!
Thank you so much!
I will keep maintain my skills and evolving as a player!

Latest Threads