Questions on a MIJ LPC-80

mr70ss

Reaction score
Well I purchased my first MIJ Epi LPC-80 2001 I think. The serial number starts with 111###, and I belive that in 91 only the Orville brand was being used. So I have a coupe of questions about it but first a couple of pics from the seller...

Now for the questions...

1. It has Grovers and 98% of the LPC-80's I've seen have Gotoh's, that being said I have seen a few with Grovers.. Did any of the MIJ LPC-80's come from the factory with Grovers? My guess is no but I wanted to ask the experts.

2. The pickup switch has a black tip and again most of the other LPC-80's I've seen are white, but I have seen both. So which is stock from the factory?

3. I know the truss rod cover is not correct, and I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can find a original vertical "Gibson" one?

I am pretty excited to get this baby in, hopefully next week and see how she sounds.

Last edited:

mr70ss

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.. Yea here is a shot of them.. and thanks for the link to the truss rod cover.

El Greco

Reaction score
Then, they are more likely aftermarket, as it is the bridge and probably the tailpiece too!

mr70ss

Reaction score
That makes sense, thanks again. I'll post some more pics once I have it in hand.