Questions on 2012 LP Traditional Plus

shzamiza

Reaction score
I am about to purchase a 2012 Gibson LP Traditional Plus in what looks like a Desert Burst to me. Everything checks out on the guitar as far as the photos are concerned but the paperwork the seller has with the guitar doesn't correspond to the guitar. The serial number differs as well as the code is for Iced Tea finish, not Desert Burst, and this seems to be a desert burst to me with the dark/black back. The seller said he bought it as is (with a couple of mods made and never checked the papers). He is getting rid of it for financial reasons. It's possible the papers given were for another guitar - he says he had the guitar authenticated by an expert when he purchased it.

Anyway - I will be seeing the guitar tomorrow so will have a much better idea, but I just wanted some opinions on the guitar, as I said, to me everything from the photographs looks genuine. The pickups have been changed out and it currently has Bare Knuckle Miracle Man zebras in and the nut was changed out and replaced by a Graph Tec nut. The pickguard holes have been made but doesn't have the pickguard attached in photos.

Attachments

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
It's real. I would not look too far into the mis-match in the paperwork.I bought a Gibson at guitar center once and they couldn't find the exact corresponding case to go with my guitar so I ended up with a case that had another guitar's paperwork in it. I'll bet that is pretty common. Good luck its a nice looking guitar.

shzamiza

Reaction score
It's real. I would not look too far into the mis-match in the paperwork.I bought a Gibson at guitar center once and they couldn't find the exact corresponding case to go with my guitar so I ended up with a case that had another guitar's paperwork in it. I'll bet that is pretty common. Good luck its a nice looking guitar.
Thank you for the prompt feedback. What you're saying makes sense. And thanks, yes, I really like the look of the top.

MP4-22

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the prompt feedback. What you're saying makes sense. And thanks, yes, I really like the look of the top.
How much you paying for that ?

Justin_Case

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Get the gutiar's serial number from the seller and have it verified by Gibson's Customer Service Department.

shzamiza

Reaction score
How much you paying for that ?
$1600USD. Caveat: I'm not in the US and out here in Turkey guitars are incredibly expensive because of import duties etc. A new traditional costs around $4200 from authorized Gibson dealer - so as a result the used market here is also very inflated because most of the sellers on the market bought their guitars here originally. But yeah, that's the price. it seems a fair price from what I've seen on reverb - some going for higher, some going for lower. For Turkey it's a good deal provided everything is in order when I check it out in person.

Latest Threads