Questions for Gary Moore's guitar tech

Emerald

Reaction score
I meant to say Area 59 as opposed to 51 in my questions although the level of secrecy may have been right the first time!
Emerald

Stinky Kitty

Reaction score
I did send almost all my writing and forum posts about Gary to the biographer with my only interest covering all the bases about Gary. I was on the fence about writing my own appreciation of Gary but now I will!
Are folks here interested in a work by myself about Gary?
Thanks
Emerald
I linger on every word of every post you make Emerald. You narratives bring alive again the spirit behind the music, and there are no words befitting both the depth of meaning, and appreciation for what you share...

Emerald

Reaction score
Thanks Stinky Kitty it's my pleasure to share my love of all things Gary Moore with all here!
As requested here are scans of the CD jacket of Gary Moore Live at Bush Hall 2007 showing Stripe and Gary's original 1st series Bluesbreaker combo:

Enjoy
Emerald

dealmaker

Reaction score
Emerald,

Late to the party on this one....apologies.

Is there was any chance - could you ask what the specific model was and story behind the Trans-Bac/Cobraburst 59 Quilt top that Gary used - specifically int he "one night and Dublin" concert?

Thanks

Emerald

Reaction score
Emerald,

Late to the party on this one....apologies.

Is there was any chance - could you ask what the specific model was and story behind the Trans-Bac/Cobraburst 59 Quilt top that Gary used - specifically int he "one night and Dublin" concert?

Thanks
Sorry if you go back in the thread it says that they have already accepted all my questions and we have to wait for the book to come out.
Emerald

Emerald

Reaction score
Screen shot of Gary's 2010 pedal board, notice the Digitech Bad Monkey into the Tubescreamer. He may have had the Monkey on then hit the TS as well for leads!

Here is the pedal board video again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov1CLQ3Wbwg&list=FLMDx6JRfY1XUFi9NjsGEyUA&index=8
Earlier pedal board with a Tonebender on board:

Some moore screen captures of Stripe (not referred to as such by Gary and his camp):

Stripe in '07 on one of her last live outings:

Emerald

aknow

Reaction score
Did he still have the Peter Green burst? What will happen to his equipment?

Glauco

Reaction score
Did he still have the Peter Green burst? What will happen to his equipment?
He sold Greeny in 2006,to pay some debt due to a deleted tour after an hand injury turned bad
Now Kirk hammett has Greeny
His equipment was partly sold during The years,but some rare pieces are in the Moore's family (Stripe for example,his other '59 burst)

lvrpool32

Reaction score
Had the pleasure of seeing Gary Moore more than a dozen times, from the Donington Monsters of Rock to the Royal Albert Hall show with the Albert's, actually bumped into him at Fat Ricks (aka Vintage and Rare) in London with Graham Lilley.
One thing was quite obvious, no matter what gear he used, he sounded like Gary Moore. Saw him with Soldano's, Fenders, Marshalls (from Plexi's to JCM 2000's ) playing Les Pauls, PRS's, 335's, Les Paul DC's and no matter what combination, the sound was still him. You could buy a vintage bluesbreaker combo, one of the original Marshall Guv'nor pedals , a '59 Les Paul with Dean Markley 10's..but without his ear, fingers, technique and passion, never going to be the same.

Glauco

Reaction score
Had the pleasure of seeing Gary Moore more than a dozen times, from the Donington Monsters of Rock to the Royal Albert Hall show with the Albert's, actually bumped into him at Fat Ricks (aka Vintage and Rare) in London with Graham Lilley.
One thing was quite obvious, no matter what gear he used, he sounded like Gary Moore. Saw him with Soldano's, Fenders, Marshalls (from Plexi's to JCM 2000's ) playing Les Pauls, PRS's, 335's, Les Paul DC's and no matter what combination, the sound was still him. You could buy a vintage bluesbreaker combo, one of the original Marshall Guv'nor pedals , a '59 Les Paul with Dean Markley 10's..but without his ear, fingers, technique and passion, never going to be the same.
you're absolutely right my friend..his sound could had been very different due to the equipment used (i'm still trying to find what's the amp of montreux 1995),but he is always higly recognizable...

Emerald

Reaction score
So..no answer but only in your book?
Glauco, I attempted to co-write Gary's autobiography back in 2007 but I am connected with this new biography only by the invitation of Harry Shapiro the official biographer.
He has interviewed over 100 relevant people and has access to many resources that I do not.
What I can contribute is a compilation of my writings past and future to give my take or opinion on Gary as a masterful guitar players guitarist!
Graham Lilley I was under the impression might have answered my gear and guitar questions but he has deferred to Harry on this.
To be fair to Harry he said he would pass on my questions to Graham and Graham has chosen to work with Harry as he rightly should.
Hopefully our questions have sparked some more good info for us dedicated fans.
I only listed my questions once I knew that I wouldn't have them addressed directly to myself. Actually I was somewhat embarrassed as I thought I would find these things out, but will have to wait to see what comes out.
It's just I have so many Moore factoids in the old memory banks that I would love to see answered!
Harry has a regular full time job not related to music so this book is a part-time effort by him.
Also this is why the book will take longer to come out that might have been otherwise.
I have offered my help to them whenever they need it and already related the sale and progress of Greeny since the first transaction which was no small feat.
Thanks
Emerald

Big John

teeth are optional
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I asked Dave last night about that guitar he did that was destined for Gary. It was a full aged makeover on a Historic that belonged to Ace, owner of Area59/DMC. Ace was going to give the guitar to Gary. After Gary's passing, Dave shipped the guitar back to Ace. From there, it ended up being owned by a guitarist in a Queen tribute band. Dave couldn't remember the guy's name or if the guitarist was in England or Australia.

meatball

Reaction score
Let them know that my band Plays Still Got The Blues on a regular basis on gigs ... He is still with us that way.. we wont forget him

alexanderja

Reaction score
I asked Dave last night about that guitar he did that was destined for Gary. It was a full aged makeover on a Historic that belonged to Ace, owner of Area59/DMC. Ace was going to give the guitar to Gary. After Gary's passing, Dave shipped the guitar back to Ace. From there, it ended up being owned by a guitarist in a Queen tribute band. Dave couldn't remember the guy's name or if the guitarist was in England or Australia.
Thanks for that info.

emerald81

Reaction score
Found this pics of booklets, gary 1958 les paul... after hours foto sessions I think. Cool stuff.

From BFG.

Emerald

Reaction score
Cool photos emerald81. The last photo shows Peter Green's left hand and Gary's right hand playing Greeny. That was for Blues For Greeny.
Emerald

homenote

ROCKSTAR INC (T.M)
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
He still have that red Strat?

He want to sell said red Strat?

Or donate it to a willing player?

And the amp thing as well.

Is that the one he played Red Rooster, I think on 'The Strat Pack' Tribute thingy? Man that freakn blew my mind, It was the first time I saw him play. (On TV I mean, :D)

Latest Threads