Question Regarding CTS POTS on Historic Reissues.

Last

The Cleaner
Reaction score
Most know that the Bumble Bee CAPS that Gibson uses are complete & utter crap. Just recovered ceramic CAPS.

However, does this same quality issue hold true on their CTS POTS?

I swear my POTS on my '57 JR Reissue are like on off switches with absolutely no definition.

I've installed a vintage Black Beauty CAP, rewired it to '50's wiring but there is no definition to the knobs (most noticeable on the "Tone" Knob) while rolling them up or down. I start to get a response around 3 on the tone knob but little to nothing else until I hit 7. :rolleyes:

Anyone confirm my suspicions? :)

Liam

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
They seem a bit variable to me. Have come across guitars where they seem very smooth, others where they are a bit all or nothing, and then last weekend tried a 2009 R8 where they were all pretty smooth, but one of them was noisy.

For the cost of a set, you could do a lot worse than get an order in with RS.

Liam

Slidewinder

Reaction score
Yup, I replaced the pots on my R7 with RS pots. Big difference in the taper.

Last

The Cleaner
Reaction score
All I needed to hear!

Thanks Liam & Slidewinder for the replies. :)

07JWLP59RI

Reaction score
Ditto! RS Posts are the way to go. I have them in both of my historics. Problem solved! :thumb:

Tonedef5959

Reaction score
anyone have a inside scoop on when they will be back in stock? The vintage short shaft kit has been out of stock for awhile.....

Complete Premium Vintage Electronics Upgrade Kit-Short Shaft Complete Premium Vintage Electronics Upgrade Kit-Short ShaftThis part is out of stock, but should be back soon.
$70.95 $7

Latest Threads