Question on a pickguard

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
I am not sure if you guys can see this or not in the pics. My 000-15sm has had the pickguard removed. In the right light there is a faint outline. I like the look but the top is getting damage..99% prior to me buying it but some from me I am sure. I am contemplating putting a guard back on it. I think solid black... what do you guys think?
20220518_205429_resize_84.jpg
20220518_205420_resize_1.jpg

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
The more I inspect and look at it, the more I think that the damage was done removing the guard. It's not terrible but it's there.

Joe Desperado

Reaction score
At this point is a personal choice. Guard or no Guard. I like it both ways. Some of these had the guard glued on as part of the finish process and as such leave some marks when removed. Other had them stuck on shortly after the finish with a film tape. They leave residue but could also leave a mark if the finish was still fresh.

Give Steve Dollinger a call at Music Solutions in Bolingbrook IL (or find him on facebook). He has a nice stash of original Martin guards available at a good price. You can tell hm that I sent you...

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
At this point is a personal choice. Guard or no Guard. I like it both ways. Some of these had the guard glued on as part of the finish process and as such leave some marks when removed. Other had them stuck on shortly after the finish with a film tape. They leave residue but could also leave a mark if the finish was still fresh.

Give Steve Dollinger a call at Music Solutions in Bolingbrook IL (or find him on facebook). He has a nice stash of original Martin guards available at a good price. You can tell hm that I sent you...
Thank you!

Latest Threads