Question for the singers

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Are you speaking from experience?
I recently read Michael Beinhorn's book and he has a regimen that he likes singers to follow when he is working with them and a big part of it is the diet. If you can find that chapter from his book somewhere it lists out all the restrictions - point being, maybe restricting your diet to very bland food and drink the day before a gig may help. (I could see the stomach acid from regular heartburn irritating that part of your diaphragm where the lower register comes from)
I will look it up but if my diet gets any more bland I will be on straight water lol.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Intresting story ,,,, About 18 years ago I. Was having problems hitting the high notes on Heart Of The Matter from Don Henley .. I had sang that song for about 6 years and it wasnt a struggle until I hit a road Block .. I went to a doctor and he looked down my throat And said “ Hey , Your Vocal Cords are Burned, do you snore ? “ I said I heard rumor from road mates that I did some snoring horriblly .. The acid was coming up from my stomach and burning my vocal cords ,,, I recommend a Sleep study .. I have slept better and I have had No singing issues and I sing about 60 percent of the time on stage these days wheter its lead or Harmony so,,,,just a thought sir ,, just a thought …
Oh hell.....I snore like a chainsaw. But I have for years. I wonder why it would start affecting my voice now. I can tell by how my sinuses feel right now that somehow the voice issue is somehow sinus related so maybe you are onto something. THANKS

Neffco

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
68EAB6C0-CC7B-43B7-A420-5FEE2AF05A4B.jpeg
My buddy swears by it. I think it’s just ok.

meatball

Reaction score
Oh hell.....I snore like a chainsaw. But I have for years. I wonder why it would start affecting my voice now. I can tell by how my sinuses feel right now that somehow the voice issue is somehow sinus related so maybe you are onto something. THANKS
It won’t hurt to at least get a sleep study . You are putting undo work pressure on your heart when you snore that hard .. . Sleep apnea means that you are Falling asleep in the early afternoon or you feel sluggish … I have been on a CPAP machine for 18 years now and I sleep fantastic and don’t get tired anymore looking at my computer screen . And I can hit the high notes in Heart Of The Matter ,,, and that is the true Heart OfThe Matter Steve ,,, go get that scheduled .. It might not be the problem ,but , at least take that variable out of the chain that is your situation .

LeftyF2003

Reaction score
I use this stuff - Thayers Dry Mouth spray. One shot between sets and I'm good to go.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
No cigars for 2 days... room temp water and throat coat tea. Sugar free gum. Did a demo tonight (chewed gum during after explaining that I had voice issues) voice held up the entire time. First time in a few weeks.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
First gig tonight.. 3 hours solo.... voice held up just fine. 4 days (I think) no cigars. Using a personal humidifier... a NAVAGE.. and room temp drinks. I am ok with all of it except the cigars. OH YEAH bought an anti snoring mouth piece and used it last night.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Voice went during a demo again last night... canceled tonight's gig. I am gonna end up having to go to a doctor. I am almost 100% sure it is sinus related.

Latest Threads