Question concerning selling some of my guitars.

rogue3

Reaction score
Consignment in a well placed, well managed shop has worked well for me in the past, even with consignment fee. Its the price you pay for hassle-free service. Plus the shop has great exposure so plenty of tire kickers.

If i could speculate here: If there isn't a local one, go regional, if that what it takes to find a good one.
A few e-mails, with info, back and forth should work to setup a delivery of a few instruments to unload. Done in one trip.

Take care of yourself...Astronomy is king the next few years! https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/
( i have a couple nice high-end Celestron eyepieces in the stash for down the road when i retire...scope will follow at that time, as i will be out of the city:fingersx:..its a great hobby!)

Last edited:

Tim Plains

Reaction score
I live near Toronto and mostly sell locally, you can always state to meet at a police station or Starbucks in the ads to weed our riff raff and if you don't want people in your house, best of luck with your recovery.

joseph07081

Reaction score
Sorry I kind of dropped off the map for a bit, dealing with day to day issues.
I received a rough email quote for some of my guitars from a local music store. Very low offer, which I kind of expected, but I was shocked just how low. I will be checking with a few other establishments and see where they may stand.

joseph07081

Reaction score
I am really sorry to hear about your stroke. I totally get what you are trying to do. On another note, let me know what you want for your Epiphone 2021 Joe Bonamassa Les Paul 59 Lazarus. Maybe I can help by buying one of yours. Cheers and God Bless.
Thank you, I will consider it.

speyfly

Reaction score
Selling on CL is my preferred method, face to face but not at my home. I go to my local police department lobby, check in and let them know what I'm doing. No shipping, no hassles, there isn't a safer way to meet and move your gear to a perspective client.

Sorry about the stroke, I'm at the age that kinds stuff is real to me!

All the best to you my friend.

Brazilnut

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with selling on The Gear Page? Perhaps that might be a good avenue, too. Although packing and shipping, as was mentioned, could be problematic.

joseph07081

Reaction score
I had pretty good luck with CL, except for the guy who crashed and wrecked his car on the way to meet me and never showed. At least that's what he said happened.

Good luck. I noticed a couple of Iommi tributes, are they righty or lefty?
They are both right handed.

joseph07081

Reaction score
Consignment in a well placed, well managed shop has worked well for me in the past, even with consignment fee. Its the price you pay for hassle-free service. Plus the shop has great exposure so plenty of tire kickers.

If i could speculate here: If there isn't a local one, go regional, if that what it takes to find a good one.
A few e-mails, with info, back and forth should work to setup a delivery of a few instruments to unload. Done in one trip.

Take care of yourself...Astronomy is king the next few years! https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/
( i have a couple nice high-end Celestron eyepieces in the stash for down the road when i retire...scope will follow at that time, as i will be out of the city:fingersx:..its a great hobby!)
I am working on reducing my telescope herd as well. I am working on getting a couple of lightweight imaging rigs together. With my skies, visual does not work out well, but narrowband imaging with a couple of small scopes fits better for me at this stage.

Latest Threads