Question about non-anniversary R8's

gbhamilton

Reaction score
I bought a 2008 R8(not the Murphy aged R8) on ebay. I just wondered if anyone had any info on these. Are they limited runs like the R9's that came out after the initial 500 run? Its a gloss finish in Lemonburst color. It also came with the weird lifton shaped case. Excuse me if this has already been covered, but i'm new to the forums. Thanks for any info.

Here is a pic:

3429927867_a11f9c0ca8_o.jpg

LongBeach

Reaction score
what case is in the pic?
is it a triangle shaped case?

Boshizzle

Reaction score
Nice looking guitar. BTW - You are better off without the regular Lifton. They suck.

Tuxedo Kaz

Reaction score
I thought those triangle cases were the Bee's Knees. If Saul has one, I'd be very interested in getting one LOL.

gbhamilton

Reaction score
I haven't seen those cases except in a few R8 ebay auctions. They are much more protective than the regular lifton cases. I like them even more than the tweed cases(my second favorite)!

Olli

Reaction score
Those are "recycled" Flying V cases right?

Nice guitar - great score! More pics please.

Droog

Reaction score
Nice guitar, more pics please!! :thumb:

gbhamilton

Reaction score
Yeah that's Travis. That's who I got my guitar from. I just liked the top on the Lemonburst a little better. Plus the color was too similar to the Iced Tea and Tobacco burst I already had. Travis does get a lot of nice Gibson and PRS guitars though!

Curlymaple

Reaction score
I bought a 2008 R8(not the Murphy aged R8) on ebay. I just wondered if anyone had any info on these. Are they limited runs like the R9's that came out after the initial 500 run? Its a gloss finish in Lemonburst color. It also came with the weird lifton shaped case. Excuse me if this has already been covered, but i'm new to the forums. Thanks for any info.

Here is a pic:

3429927867_a11f9c0ca8_o.jpg

Those (flame tops) are part of the ltd R8 5oth anniversary model. Looks like they did a gloss finish which is very cool and not that very many were produced, most had the VOS finish.:fingersx: If you don't like the case, I will trade my lifton that came with my R9?? :)

DesertDave

Reaction score
Yeah that's Travis. That's who I got my guitar from. I just liked the top on the Lemonburst a little better. Plus the color was too similar to the Iced Tea and Tobacco burst I already had. Travis does get a lot of nice Gibson and PRS guitars though!

I like your Lemonburst better, as well.:thumb:

larrydart

Reaction score
I bought a very similar one from Travis as well. AA top. Beautiful guitar. I believe these were a special order for Japan. 75 Murphy aged Lemonburst & 25 gloss Lemonburst. I've seen 18 of these gloss ones for sale on Japan websites & they say limited run of 25 for Japan only. While not one of the Murphy aged 50th anniversary 200 run I still think they can be considered to be a 50th ann. issue due to the fact that they are a one off flame.
Gibson also made some gloss washed cherry ones as well. check the link 楽器詳細 Gibson Custom Shop 50th Anniversary 1958 Les Paul Figured Gloss STB【SN.8 81612】 || 楽器探そう! デジマート ||

bluesjuke

Reaction score
Cool guitars.
Love the Lemon Burst gbhamilton.
Welcome to the forum!

Latest Threads