Question about Nashville posts.

Paul46

Reaction score
Has anyone removed their Nashville style bridge bushings,dowelled the hole,and then screwed the Nashville posts directly into the wood a la ABR1 posts?

Would it make any noticable difference? I'm bored,looking at my Standard and thinking I might just have to do it to satisfy my curiosity.

Paul46

Reaction score
^^^....or you could do it that way!

smokin joe

Reaction score
I just put the ABR1 on the Nashville posts, I had to enlarge the holes in the ABR1 just a hair.

Paul46

Reaction score
Yes,I've got an ABR1 sitting on the Nashville posts as well.I was just wondering if there would be any tonal gain from having the posts go directly into the body,doing away with the bushings.

Tom99SS

Reaction score
Yes,I've got an ABR1 sitting on the Nashville posts as well.I was just wondering if there would be any tonal gain from having the posts go directly into the body,doing away with the bushings.
Paul,

How did you get the ABR-1 to fit on the Nashville posts? Also, did you notice any tonal difference between the two bridges? I am thinking of putting an ABR-1 on my LP but curious if it is worh the effort.

Paul46

Reaction score
Hi Tom,
I did it purely for cosmetic reasons.You have to ream the holes very slightly to get it to fit on the Nashville posts.Can't say there has been any sonic difference to be honest,it's not like the addition of an aluminium tailpiece which alters the tone noticeably,but it looks a whole lot better!
I'm just thinking that I might notice a difference if the posts went directly into the wood.

I'm cutting the dowels right now.....I'll let you know!

Tom99SS

Reaction score
Hi Tom,
I did it purely for cosmetic reasons.You have to ream the holes very slightly to get it to fit on the Nashville posts.Can't say there has been any sonic difference to be honest,it's not like the addition of an aluminium tailpiece which alters the tone noticeably,but it looks a whole lot better!
I'm just thinking that I might notice a difference if the posts went directly into the wood.

I'm cutting the dowels right now.....I'll let you know!

Thanks. Please let me know how it turns out. Pics would be great also. :)

Paul46

Reaction score
Well I did it.

I left the dowels about 0.5mm proud of the body to make pulling them out easier if it sounded horrible....but it doesn't! There is a difference,a subtle one,but it is there.It's too soon to make detailed comparisons,but my initial reaction is of more 'warmth' and a beefier midrange.

Of course it could all just be in my head! Anyway,I'll leave it alone until the next string change and then decide whether to yank 'em or finish them off nicely.

Tom99SS

Reaction score
Looks really good. Nice job you did there.

I have seen some where they use 4 thumbwells. One on each side screwed down to the base to assist in not letting the studs bend and the other ones on each side to hold up the bridge. If you use this method it will hide the dowels and you sand them flush with the top. Just a thought.

Latest Threads