Question About Fuses

Cjsinla

Reaction score
My Mojotone 2204 kit calls for a 3 amp slo-blow fuse but they sent a 1 amp. I have some F3.15 fuses but the packaging I have them in does not say whether they are slow or fast blow. Does anyone see a problem with me using that F3.15 fuse? The amp has never been turned on, it’s all wired up and ready for testing and I’m going to initially be plugging it in to my dim bulb tester.

Dave_R

Reaction score
I just had a tube failure take one of mine out. I had the same problem but backwards. Needed slow blow 1.5A and could find none within 100 miles. Only 3A. Found plenty of those at Lowe’s and RadioShack has specifically what you need. I ordered 50 for the life of the amp a ton of failures that hopefully don’t occur. Cheap prices too. F3 is a fast blow 3A fuse so it will likely blow when turned on or taken off standby. You need one that says either S or T, short for slow or time-delay followed by the number (S3A... or T3A...). They need slow blow fuses to hold out during a short duration of current spiking as the tubes kick in. Whatever you do, make sure to never go higher than what it calls for (stating the obvious, of course). Serious damage to equipment would be likely in the future or even injury to yourself. Good luck.

V2

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The surge at start up will likely pop a fast-blow fuse.

Latest Threads