Q: Push/Pull pot for VOL/TONE?

cherrick

Reaction score
Why does no one make a single push/pull pot for volume (push down) and tone (pull up)? Or do they?

christopherJ

Reaction score
I don't think so. If there was it would be pretty clunky I think. They do make stacked dual-concentric pots that I have used in a bass build. Although you'd have to have a non-standard knob.

Roxy13

Reaction score
My old Aria bass uses the concentric pots. So far that is the only instrument I've had with them.

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
Danelectro guitars commonly use concentric pots.

christopherJ

Reaction score
It's just a simple switch. It's all how you wire it.
Either use a concentric pot, or use this: https://guitarelectronics.com/1-humbucker-1-volume-pull-for-tone/
You may have to mod it for your guitar. 1 pickup, 2, etc etc.
Sure, but - "Push pull switch on volume converts volume pot to a tone pot. With the the pot in tone mode (up) the volume will be 100% full on."

I'm not sure, but the OP might want to control both independently. Otherwise, not sure why he would ask given the info above.

BadPenguin

Reaction score
Sure, but - "Push pull switch on volume converts volume pot to a tone pot. With the the pot in tone mode (up) the volume will be 100% full on."

I'm not sure, but the OP might want to control both independently. Otherwise, not sure why he would ask given the info above.
He didn't specify, and I went with what I had. I don't believe there's a way to do as he asks with a single pot. A concentric, yes, easily. But he did state a single knob.

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
Ya, the stacked concentric is the only thing that's going to work.
Nobody makes a dual-ganged pot that is independently controlled from a single shaft.

Latest Threads