Pyramid Monel Strings Demo

NYC LP player

Reaction score
Only two days in but I am liking them

Marshall demo coming soonish.

Basically they are round core and are brighter than pure nickels but not as bright as your typical nickel wrap steel.

Def got me closer to that Tele on steroids sound but if you use normal or cobalts these maybe a bit darker so pick accordingly.

GT40

Reaction score
Nicely done.
I tried them a while back on my Strat and found I lost oomph on the wound strings.

Since I already run my pickups very close to the strings, my only option to keep string volume balance was to lower them on the treble side which meant I lost the bite on the plain strings too.

So they didn't work out for me. Seem to work for your LP though.

AbbeSauniere

Reaction score
I love the Pyramid Monels. Pure nickel sound muddy to me compared to the Monels, but don’t have the strident high end of nickel wrapped.

NYC LP player

Reaction score
I love the Pyramid Monels. Pure nickel sound muddy to me compared to the Monels, but don’t have the strident high end of nickel wrapped.
They are definitely warmer so I tend to set my amp brighter and I use a buffer. We will see if these are too cutting on the low end for me once they settle in.

ntotoro

Reaction score
Monels will last forever and ever and ever and ever and ever, so if they sound good, bonus!

Nick

NYC LP player

Reaction score
goof sess with the jtm45 in modded mode

still clangy so they havent fully settled in

Grenville

Reaction score
I tried Pyramid Monel a year or so ago. I loved them at first.

Then, like GT40, I noticed the low end was indistinct compared to the pure nickel strings I'd been using. I replaced just the low strings with pure nickels and got a lot of clarity and heft back. Much better.

Not sure if it's a round core thing or not - I did buy some Curt Mangan hex-core Monel strings to try out, but haven't got around to putting them on yet.

NYC LP player

Reaction score
I tried Pyramid Monel a year or so ago. I loved them at first.

Then, like GT40, I noticed the low end was indistinct compared to the pure nickel strings I'd been using. I replaced just the low strings with pure nickels and got a lot of clarity and heft back. Much better.

Not sure if it's a round core thing or not - I did buy some Curt Mangan hex-core Monel strings to try out, but haven't got around to putting them on yet.
Still digging them but they do hang a more hollow clangy sound on the bass side compared to the pure nickels. Think pure nickels is more me but enjoyin the Tele-ness.

JohnnyN

Old School
Premium Member
Reaction score
I tried them. Nice but I like the Nickel Classics better.