Putting My Band Gear On A Raft Next Week

Neffco

Reaction score
I’ve always wanted to do it. I have an 18’ boat, stage, huge dry box, and some willpower. Going to pirate an island on the Yellowstone river, set up and rock out!

My gear selection is a bit different, cheaper guitars, small pedal board, katana 50, one monitor, two mains. And of course a drum set.

I’ll definitely take pictures, it’s gonna be silly. Lots of others joining in the floatilla. Rafting, camping and rocking out.

Luckily I build my own dry boxes and have plenty of them.

I’ll be wearing shorts and sandals on stage.

Last edited:

Neffco

Reaction score
I’m sure we will be getting some funny looks at the boat ramp.

rogue3

Reaction score
I’ve always wanted to do it. I have an 18’ boat, stage, huge dry box, and some willpower. Going to pirate an island on the Yellowstone river, set up and rock out!

My gear selection is a bit different, cheaper guitars, small pedal board, katana 50, one monitor, two mains. And of course a drum set.

I’ll definitely take pictures, it’s gonna be silly. Lots of others joining in the floatilla. Rafting, camping and rocking out.

Luckily I build my own dry boxes and have plenty of them.

I’ll be wearing shorts and sandals on stage.
I have a friend who at last contact, was living on a houseboat in Victoria Harbour,BC. I wondered how he did the gear thing(he is a player).

Really wouldn't mind this endpoint myself, except boat living is really just a 6 mo prospect in the best weather here. Victoria BC. is really the *warmest* you'll find in the great white north, for potentially year round water living.:rofl::rofl:

Neffco

Reaction score
It was an amazing time.
2B65DEBD-4F20-4DBD-B626-72672099EAA4.jpeg
6FE68857-3AE9-48C8-9780-FA4FDA4F669A.jpeg
96D447BC-2DD3-4EA6-A27F-642EECB19C05.jpeg
04EA4E99-2003-43AA-A131-90947A2888A4.jpeg
E79E8E5A-18B4-4B72-A880-EF22BD1AFFCE.jpeg
There’s a bunch of videos floating around. If I can actually get ahold of one I’ll post it up. There was around 20 people camping and whooping it up.

We are making this an annual event. Rock N Row.

Last edited:

Neffco

Reaction score
It was quite a production packing all the band gear on my boat. Putting in Friday afternoon was a good call since people are still at work and the ramp was not slammed. My boat is 18’ long and 8’ wide with 24” tubes for perspective, most boats are 13-14 long and 5-6 wide. I pull it with a one ton dually on a 20’ modified double axle trailer that I usually haul my skid steer on.

We had my friends boat loaded with 2 Honda 2000 I generators that we linked together for a total of 4000 watts of power. Whisper quiet. He also had the kitchen, gas, firewood, tables, ect.

Next year we are going to do two bands and another section of stage. We can set up back line for both bands and run with it.

I found a couple weak links in my small pedal board that need fixing, mostly need more space between pedals. I hit my tuner while trying for my distortion. The katana 50 worked out great. It’s definitely not my twin but serviceable in this situation for sure. Light too.

Last edited:

Scooter2112

Reaction score
So Fyre festival DID get off the ground after all..with a slight change of venue.

That looks awesome! I bet it was a blast.

Red_Label

Reaction score
Cool thread! Sorry I missed it until now. Where on the Stone was this? Columbus --> Billings? I live in Billings and always hear about the summer floats, but have yet to participate in one.

CRobbins

Premium Member
Reaction score

Tomita did a live concert at Linz in Austria in 1984. This audio track is the Liebestod from Wagner's opera Tristan Und Isolde. Tomita had speakers each side of the River Danube and employed 13 channels of sound including one from a helicopter 1.500 feet above the river. He had multi channels either side of the river and on a ship with other musicians. There were special lighting, Lasers, Fireworks and other enhanced visual effects. Tomita controlled the sound from a specially constructed Pyramid suspended from a crane near the river.

Last edited:

edouglaspratt

Reaction score
Well done, Neffco! So you're a musician and a river rat too! Not many of us, in my experience. I'm sure the wilderness environment's very forgiving of this once a year. Maybe you weren't too remote...I hope other wilderness adventurers weren't disturbed.

I'm familiar with the Yellowstone in Montana after spending many weeks and weekends, over a three years period, working in Billings, Helena, and Butte. Kayaked the Stillwater around Nye; went up to Idaho and kayaked the Snake.

So what section of the Yellowstone did you paddle?

Neffco

Reaction score
We put in at mayors landing and camped at state land left about 5 miles before Springdale.

There’s trains rolling through all night and you can see the highway so Im going to guess no ones river experience was harmed. The light show attracted some ranch hands on Friday but they never actually came down. We were on public land that you can only access by river or private land.

I bet the train conductors were entertained.

Neffco

Reaction score
Cool thread! Sorry I missed it until now. Where on the Stone was this? Columbus --> Billings? I live in Billings and always hear about the summer floats, but have yet to participate in one.
We will be doing it again next year. Best way to get the skinny is probably my FB page. Neffs whitewater customs.