Put Down the Acoustic.......

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
True, but inspiration + imitation => leads to mastery, then transcendence... for SOME.
OTHERS just tread a totally original path.
It's all leads to the same root, FUNDAMENTALLY, that is not many totally disregard music theory basics.

There are notable exceptions [how many do you actually relate to and LISTEN to...?] -

that album is AWEsome when played backwards at 50% speed . sometimes I wonder if that was his original intention :hmm:

jb_abides

Reaction score
I went a long time without a guitar at all. I always had an acoustic when I was younger. I acquired my Dad's F-20 in 2001 and fought with it until 2014 when I had it repaired. I bought my J-29 in 2018 and I'm not going without an acoustic again. Unless you're doing an old blues style with an electric and a small amp, you need an acoustic to carry around and play anywhere. I still play rhythm better on one of those than I do on electric.

If you can make great music in your head it begs the question do you need to get it out via instruments...?
:hmm:

efstop

Wattsamatta U graduate
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you can make great music in your head it begs the question do you need to get it out via instruments...?
Michael Jackson did it by singing all the parts into a tape deck.

Jymbopalyse

Reaction score

Suit your own damn self.

. . . do I need to get it out via instruments. ? ? ? ?

I'll put it this way.

I would MUCH rather make great love to a woman,
It does not beg the question.

. . . what the fuck you talking about any way?

jb_abides

Reaction score
Suit your own damn self.

. . . do I need to get it out via instruments. ? ? ? ?

I'll put it this way.

I would MUCH rather make great love to a woman,
It does not beg the question.

. . . what the fuck you talking about any way?

I sense fear, anger and suffering in your hostility.

Yoda-Pain-suffering-death-I-feel.png

Jymbopalyse

Reaction score
I sense fear, anger and suffering in your hostility.

Yoda-Pain-suffering-death-I-feel.png

Skywalker ?

My personality test told me I was like this guy.

1587057562304.png

But yah. Sure. Fear and Anger.

I get my feels crossed when someone wants me to put down my guitar and just play it in my head.
What's next. Sex ??

Suffering is for the person who thinks this way.

(and sure, I'm trolling here just a little bit, but not intending any personal hurt.)

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Acoustics are harder to play.

That's why I play acoustic... it's more demanding in every way.

Makes me more robust and precise... makes playing the electric passably well somewhat easier.

But I'm not a performance artist or somebody who is generally interested in playing the guitar for other people...

For me the acoustic is a superb training tool.

--R

ETA: I do know where Fezz is coming from, though... and he's not the only player I've known who doesn't play acoustic.

alankelly

Reaction score
ETA: I do know where Fezz is coming from, though... and he's not the only player I've known who doesn't play acoustic.

I guess it's partly because I don't have one, but without a doubt, I gravitate towards electric myself. Just my opinion, but the sound of the electric is what I crave most.

jb_abides

Reaction score
Skywalker ?

My personality test told me I was like this guy.

View attachment 455387

But yah. Sure. Fear and Anger.

I get my feels crossed when someone wants me to put down my guitar and just play it in my head.
What's next. Sex ??

Suffering is for the person who thinks this way.

(and sure, I'm trolling here just a little bit, but not intending any personal hurt.)

No one told you to do it, as if to FORCE you to... just imagine if you would. That doesn't mean you have to stop entirely, you can actually do BOTH my friend.

I make love to women. I love the one-on-one physicality but doesn't mean I don't appreciate them with my eyes and mind.

It's all in the MIND'S EYE for a wizard, a true star!

6zop7ha4bjh11.jpg

...my personality, along with Dale Cooper, and Morpheus

Last edited:

Pappy58

Reaction score
Singing solo with Acoustic get you laid better than jamming an Electric...at least for my age group! :applause:

Pappy58

Reaction score
That's why I play acoustic... it's more demanding in every way.

Makes me more robust and precise... makes playing the electric passably well somewhat easier.

But I'm not a performance artist or somebody who is generally interested in playing the guitar for other people...

For me the acoustic is a superb training tool.

--R

Exactly why I solo practice all my band home work on the acoustic. It's like putting a ring on the bat in the on deck circle. Play it well on the acoustic, play it better on the Lester! :cheers2:

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Life is hard enough-why struggle? That said most chumps cry when they play my guitars-ACTION WAY TOO HIGH

Yeah baby, that is why I'm CHAMP-give me ANY guitar Acoustic+ELECTRIC I will move air. I used to face HOSTILE PHILLY POETS---just a mic and a belly full of Booze.No drums, no bass, no cowboy chords. Just me and my SUPREME talent----humble bumble!

Last edited:

Latest Threads