Push pull pots

Sonicboom2

Reaction score
Can you spray contact cleaner into them? If you can...what is the open location, i can't see any openings.

shupe13

Reaction score
I'd spray the actual shaft and then work the action.

straybeat

Reaction score
I used to do it the hard way, slip a knife blade under the 4 tangs bend them back and pull the the housing off. (Yes, I was a bored, broke-ass kid LOL). Then use alcohol and Q-tip off the track around the pot, cleaning the dirt and carbon build-up (whatever that stuff is). Put it back together, bend the tangs back and I was good to go. Never had one screw up.

Or if you DO have the hole in back, shoot tuner cleaner in it, work the stem to clean the dirt off the track and away you go.

Last edited:

Sonicboom2

Reaction score
Ive got those square push pull pots. Those round style you got that opening to spray into adjacent to the electrical connections. Just wondering if any opening exist someplace on this square style? They look totally sealed to me. So far spraying into the shaft helped, but i don't think enough can get down into the friction areas. After rotating it a bunch of times it cleared out the crackle. I just want to get some Deoxit in there. That stuff prevents and reverse corrosion along with clesning contact points up real nice. I love the stuff.

straybeat

Reaction score
Ive got those square push pull pots. Those round style you got that opening to spray into adjacent to the electrical connections. Just wondering if any opening exist someplace on this square style? They look totally sealed to me. So far spraying into the shaft helped, but i don't think enough can get down into the friction areas. After rotating it a bunch of times it cleared out the crackle. I just want to get some Deoxit in there. That stuff prevents and reverse corrosion along with clesning contact points up real nice. I love the stuff.
Hmmm, this type has 2 sets of tangs, upper and lower, if yours are like this? It would just be a bit more PITA to clean. Otherwise spring for $7 each and cop some new ones. ;)

Jymbopalyse

Reaction score
Are your pots attached to a PCB like this ??

You can unplug and pull the pot+pcb for easier access to use the cleaner of choice.

You've got my curisioty.
What model and year of Epi do you have ?