Push pull pot

aakes90278

Reaction score
I need some help. when changing out my knobs on my Epi 2012 Standard pro (made in Indonesia) the stem on my push pull knob came out. Now it doesn't stay in place so i need to replace it. I took the guitar into Guitar Center and was told they do not have the replacement for it. I have sent help messages to Gibson and Epiphone on their websites but have not heard back. Does anyone know what i can do to replace this?

fry

Reaction score
Well, it’s probably something you could do yourself if you’re handy with the soldering iron. You have to order the new pot, which would be easy enough to get. If you’re not into that, maybe look around see if there’s another shop within a reasonable driving distance to take it to. They’d probably charge you a stupid amount of money just to put it on the bench.

aakes90278

Reaction score
where do i order it? Stew Mac? and how do i know which one is right for my wiring? Thanks

fry

Reaction score
That would be fine place to buy one. They may not be the cheapest, but I think they have good stuff and a great reputation. I would probably just study the existing pot, look at the way it’s constructed, and search around on eBay for one that looks like it’s made the same. They probably ship thousands of them out of China all the time. I would take a photo of it with all the wires attached for reference, then just re-solder the wires to the new one.

fry

Reaction score
Is this the pot that has the place on it for the quick connect plug to slide right into? You can probably find one of those on eBay from China, might have to wait a little bit to get it. Would probably be minimal soldering involved, though.

Latest Threads