Purchased new guitar, Schecter C-6 Elite

Steven

Reaction score
I purchased a new guitar, a Schecter C-6 Elite. However, I wasn't happy with it, it was an inexpensive guitar, and it certainly played and sounded so-so at best. I ended up returning the guitar. Although I got a very good deal on it, this was one of the very few guitars I purchased that I ended up returning. The action was so high around the 16th fret up that it was ridiculous. There was nothing I could do to rectify this issue. Progressively, as I ascended the neck, the action became very high. Also, the guitar didn't sound that good.

I took a chance on a very inexpensive guitar, and I suppose I ended up with a guitar with all the features of a very inexpensive guitar.

I always pay the lowest possible price for the guitars I buy, however most of my guitars are worth well over $2000. I was just in the mood to buy a new guitar; was hoping I got a good deal on a very cheap guitar, and that's what I ended up with. Ive had gas lately, and want a new guitar, however I don't want to pay a lot for a guitar. Aren't there any good guitars that are very inexpensive ?

I currently own 20 guitars and basses. I have a few that are very good, and only cost me around $300-$400.

Last edited:

Pancreas

Reaction score
I purchased a new guitar, a Schecter C-6 Elite. However, I wasn't happy with it, it was an inexpensive guitar, and it certainly played and sounded so-so at best. I ended up returning the guitar. Although I got a very good deal on it, this was one of the very few guitars I purchased that I ended up returning. The action was so high around the 16th fret up that it was ridiculous. There was nothing I could do to rectify this issue. Progressively, as I ascended the neck, the action became very high. Also, the guitar didn't sound that good.

I took a chance on a very inexpensive guitar, and I suppose I ended up with a guitar with all the features of a very inexpensive guitar.

I always pay the lowest possible price for the guitars I buy, however most of my guitars are worth well over $2000. I was just in the mood to buy a new guitar; was hoping I got a good deal on a very cheap guitar, and that's what I ended up with. Ive had gas lately, and want a new guitar, however I don't want to pay a lot for a guitar. Aren't there any good guitars that are very inexpensive ?

I currently own 20 guitars and basses. I have a few that are very good, and only cost me around $300-$400.
I went thru the exact same case of GAS recently and bought a new Gretsch Electromatic double cut. What a GREAT guitar! Especially for the price! I'd look into those. Good luck!

Steven

Reaction score
Which one did you purchase ? They really differ in price depending upon which one you bought ?Was it expensive ?

Pancreas

Reaction score
I bought the Gretsch Electromatic G5222, in Natural. It was $500 new from Sweetwater. Other than a little "neck dive", while standing up, it's a GREAT guitar. Really surprised at the low price on these. And it arrived set-up very, very well. The pickups really pulled me in. I'd buy another tomorrow if mine were stolen.

Latest Threads