Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - a better example will come along

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • No - its beat

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

gibsonofabitch

Reaction score
a local shop has a 1993 studio w/ ebony board for 650. Usually i wouldnt think twice but this example seems to be well worn. It also comes with a non-original case.

so, MLP, would you purchase or pass on this guitar? Appreciate your input

smk506

Reaction score
If it’s a killer player and what you’re in the market for then I wouldn’t let the wear scare me away. Ditto on the case, as long as it’s a decent one I wouldn’t worry about it. the guitar isn’t a resale guitar in that condition imo, no investment, just a (hopefully) killer player.

Neemo

Reaction score
I feel like the price is a bit high for how much wear that it has...offer $600 (assuming u are in usa) if u are in canada...buy now

truckermde

Reaction score
That neck looks a little rough, but that IS a desirable version of the Studio. I had one, and it was pretty nice.

I'd try and talk him down a smidgen, but ultimately, if playability and condition-in-person all check out, it is a fair deal, IMO.

mudface

Boo Bee
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
For one in better condition,... with less wear.....for the same year and model... your looking paying more than double.

For a player it’s a good deal.... these ‘93 alpine white ebony board Studios are highly prized.

93studiolite

Reaction score
I’d be all over it. I’ve wanted one just like that for a loooooong time, just haven’t had the chance to pull the trigger on one yet.

Thundermtn

Reaction score
What?

This should have been a NGD thread.

P.S. DON'T REFINISH IT!

tigerflame

Reaction score
I'd pass on that. There are better deals.

Edit: I didn't see that it was a 93. That changes things. Looks great for a 27 year player.

jstarr823

Starr Guitar Works
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d feel a hell of a lot better at $500. I guess it’s a player, though... judging by the wear. I just watched a real nice one (alpine with ebony) go for $900 on eBay with the og case.

Moby Dick

Reaction score
IF you are looking for an LP and you like white,
Purchase.
I had a ‘93 studio and it was a great guitar.
In today’s market, $650 is a good price.

lpfan1980

Reaction score
Yeah a Gibson for 650 in nice condition Rock on!:applause::dude::jam:

tzd

Reaction score
Aged white = priceless! As long as it does not stink of cigarette.

BTW why did the neck wear down to black instead of wood?

gibsonofabitch

Reaction score
hey everybody, really appreciate the input. I ended up purchasing the guitar and will go and pick it up tomorrow in-store and probably post a NGD thread.

The neck is worn down to wood - for some reason its super dark. I think the previous owner was a sweaty/acidic guy. I dont recall much fretwear and if it all checks out, ill be taking her home.

Only thing that bugs me is that i cant legibly make out the serial # but that seems to coincide with other 93 white studios ive seen pics of online.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Rds

Reaction score
I've got a 91 and 93. Still play them all the time. I've always wanted the white one. Mine are black and wine. Great guitars! If plays good, neck not broken to hell. Then I'd buy. My 2 cents.

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Buy it if it's a great player and you want to keep it, don't buy it thinking you'll flip it for a profit. Unless they'd take less for it; you could always offer $600 out the door (I don't know what taxes are where you are).

It's been played a lot, so it's either been used up and not that great, or has been played a lot because it's a great player. If it's a great player, buy it.

Edit: Ooops, just noticed that you bought it already, nice.

Latest Threads