Pulled the trigger on a Studio SB... any concerns?

v-man

Reaction score
Just bought online. I don’t have very good luck buying LPs on ebay, so I hope this breaks the cycle.

01273xxxx is disclosed S/N.
1F76BEF4-7180-4C28-8DB2-4898600826AA.jpeg

Attachments

tigerflame

Reaction score
Get the seller to send you pics of the back of the headstock, pics of the neck at the headstock and body, and have him open the truss rod cover up and take a good quality pic of the inside. You want to make sure there's not been any breaks.

Cjsinla

Reaction score
Get the seller to send you pics of the back of the headstock, pics of the neck at the headstock and body, and have him open the truss rod cover up and take a good quality pic of the inside. You want to make sure there's not been any breaks.
Too late for that, he already bought it.

v-man

Reaction score
Too late for that, he already bought it.
negative... I requested photos (as suggested) “before shipping.” Seller agreed tomorrow. No damage disclosed in listing and none will be accepted.

What has me worried is that he cannot read the SN fully due to thick paint on back. I have seen that on other Gibsons, but it is a red flag.

LocoTex

Reaction score
It looks to me like he should be able to read the serial number, at least partially. I would request a close-up shot of the serial #.

dc007

Premium Member
Reaction score
What has me worried is that he cannot read the SN fully due to thick paint on back. I have seen that on other Gibsons, but it is a red flag.
I have never seen that.

v-man

Reaction score
Turns out it’s an 09 (I wanted weight-relief). Great seller if anyone wants an ‘09

jbash

Reaction score
Also good to see that truss rod cavity to make sure you've got some room to work with.

Nice Silverburst- Don't recall I ever saw these Studio SB's before.

Sinster

Reaction score
Turns out it’s an 09 (I wanted weight-relief). Great seller if anyone wants an ‘09
The serial number you posted it would be an '03. Was that the s/n the seller gave you? Now the seller is saying it's '09..That would be a redflag.

Your title is misleading. You state "Pulled Trigger", then proceed to say "Just Purchased" and then said "negative" when someone said too late you already purchased.

For clarification, you purchased it and before the seller shipped it you wanted more pictures. Then found out it was an '09 and back out of the deal?

Last edited:

Christosterone

Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome...imho

but I don’t have the eye many do on mlp

-Chris

bwillard

Reaction score
I'd be willing to bet that is a 2009. I have the same guitar. The bonus is that it has an ebony fret board. I don't think they were making Silverburst Studios in 2003 but I could be wrong. Here is a picture of mine:

Same Grover tuners. Reflectors. Rimburst too. My money is on 2009.

v-man

Reaction score
The serial number you posted it would be an '03. Was that the s/n the seller gave you? Now the seller is saying it's '09..That would be a redflag.

Your title is misleading. You state "Pulled Trigger", then proceed to say "Just Purchased" and then said "negative" when someone said too late you already purchased.

For clarification, you purchased it and before the seller shipped it you wanted more pictures. Then found out it was an '09 and back out of the deal?
1. negative, as in the guitar did not ship and I had the chance to request/receive pics of the areas beforehand.

2. For clarification, I bought a rather light weight-relieved ‘03 and found out the seller mistakenly listed it as such when it was in fact a chambered ‘09, which doesn’t interest me as a personal purchase. As such, the sale was harmlessly rescinded based on an honest mistake reading a faint S/N.

tigerflame

Reaction score
I'd be willing to bet that is a 2009. I have the same guitar. The bonus is that it has an ebony fret board. I don't think they were making Silverburst Studios in 2003 but I could be wrong. Here is a picture of mine:

This is a beauty. Great choice of knobs, much better than the speedknobs I often see on these colours.

Christosterone

Premium Member
Reaction score

Your guitar is so effing cool.
:drool:

-Chris

Latest Threads