Psychologist Declares Father "Unfit Parent" For Refusing to Take His Son to McDonalds

circles

Reaction score
Interesting.

Whatever happened, it IS a good rule of thumb not to eat at that place.

Kirk2000

Reaction score
The kid should have requested the $50 Kobe Beef burger at Old Homestead on 14th street, and they serve tater tots too.. Mmmmmm. McDonalds is crap.. The mother must have poisoned the kid with the expectations of McDonalds in the morning, to not get it from his dad later in the evening for dinner.. Spoiled Jewish kid, what is he going to do when he grows up and his dad is busy on Tuesdays?

Actinic

Reaction score
Where's the nearest Hooters? If that kid had half a brain, he would have asked dad to take him there. Even as a 4-year old, I knew I liked the opposite sex more than Chicken McNuggets.

garweft

Reaction score
This is the other part of the linked story not quoted above. It was below the video and easy to miss.

Before dropping his son off at his wife’s E. 84th Street building, Schorr says he tried to make light of the situation by horsing around with him and trying one last time to change his mind about dinner.
But the son apparently tattled on his dad and his wife flipped out and called the shrink, according to the suit.
Schorr claims that Dr. Schiller only interviewed the child and his mother and never asked for his side of the story before telling the court she was gravely concerned about Schorr’s parenting.
Bari Yunis Schorr sued her husband for a divorce in 2011, just four years after they married in a lavish ceremony at the St. Regis Hotel in Manhattan.
She recently filed motions asking the judge to punish her husband for flouting court orders and for a judgment on nonpayment of child support.
Her attorney, Louis I. Newman, declined to comment on the McDonald’s matter.
“It’s a litigation between Mr. Schorr and Mrs. Schiller,” Newman said.
In the past two and a half years that he has had partial custody of his son their time together “has run smoothly without incident” save a scraped knee, Schorr insists in the suit.
He wants the shrink to return the $2,750 he paid for the evaluation.
Dr. Schiller told The Post she could not comment on the details of the incident. She only sad, “I am conducting a forensic evaluation on this matter. I will be issuing a confidential report to the court and the matter will be tried by the court.”
The custody trial resumes in December when the judge will ultimately decide if Schorr is fit to parent his son.

He's already went against court orders, not payed child support, and then he decided it was a good idea to not feed his child while in his care. The court is looking at him as a guy with control issues, might even be a history of it that lead to the divorce.

Why give a 4 year old an option. He's 4, of course he's going to be stubborn. Just about any 4 year old is going to do the same thing. Just take him somewhere else and order him food. I doubt he spent much time with his kid or he would already know how this song and dance goes.

PeteK

Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks the mom took the kid to McDonald's just to fvck with the dad, and not because the kid wanted to go?

12watt

Reaction score
I am suffering a complete sympathy deficit for all parties.

Emmitt Fitzhume

Reaction score
Of course if he took his son to McDonald's then food Nazis would be declaring the father unfit.

Caleb

Platinum Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I've heard stranger things.

hrfdez

Reaction score
I may sound cruel, but when I read stuff like this, I'm thankful that we don't have kids!:wow:

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
nice of the mother to use her son as a pawn in the divorce. The Judge should be declared unfit and remove from the bench for that kind of ruling.

I didn't notice anything about the judge saying anything. The psychologist offered that opinion but what did the judge say about it?

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
I am sure my assessment of the Mental Health profession will piss some people off, but here goes.

Mental Health is still pretty much fvcking voodoo magic BS.

If you have stomach cancer and you go to 10 different Oncologist, they will all tell you that you have stomach cancer.

If you have a blockage in your colon and you go to 10 different proctologist, they will all tell you that there is a blockage.

If you have an abscessed tooth and go to 10 dentist, you will be told you have an abscess.

If you have a child with severe behavioral problems and go to 10 psycologist or psychiatrist, you will have 3 say ADHD, 1 say they are autistic, 2 say the kid is oppositional defiant, 2 say bi-polar, 1 say border line schizophrenic and 1 say there is nothing wrong with the child but you are a terrible parent for even asking what's wrong with the kid.

These people use little science but offer up many opinions. They take educated guesses for the most part.

Some of them are pretty good guessers, most are not--

I could write a book on the topic.

The Scientologists would love you.

Blues4U

Reaction score
The Scientologists would love you.

my opinions come from 15 years of dealing with the MEntal Health Industry with the daughters problems/condition/illness/bad attitude/-all terms have been used. I would call it a profession, but its not. Not any more than auto mechanics taking an educated guess at which electronic part is causing the massive fvckups in your car--

Jakeislove

Reaction score
my opinions come from 15 years of dealing with the MEntal Health Industry with the daughters problems/condition/illness/bad attitude/-all terms have been used. I would call it a profession, but its not. Not any more than auto mechanics taking an educated guess at which electronic part is causing the massive fvckups in your car--

People tend to love easy, clear-cut, answers that make them feel better. I generally don't believe that ever happens with mental health issues.

PeteK

Reaction score

You don't think auto mechanic is a profession either?

Paracelsian

Reaction score
You don't think auto mechanic is a profession either?

Not to mention the fact that if you're going to a mechanic who "guesses" which electrical component/sensor/etc is failing its not them who is the idiot. Diagnostics are really easy now since the scanner tells you everything, and are only a few hundo $$ (if your shop can't afford that you should take your car to neighbor Bob, he prolly has a scan tool).
But yeah sounds like a c**t shrink imo. Taking your fatass, snotnosed brat to McD's is child abuse.

Digger

Dingo Lover!
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
No he's not an unfit father at all, just a responsible one if we can take this at face value.

I regret the day that McDonald and KFC came to this country!

We are now on a fast track to being amongst the most obese people in the world.

Something to be proud of.....NOT!

PeteK

Reaction score
No he's not an unfit father at all, just a responsible one if we can take this at face value.

I regret the day that McDonald and KFC came to this country!

We are now on a fast track to being amongst the most obese people in the world.

Something to be proud of.....NOT!

When I was in high school, our hot lunch program was Taco Bell, Pizza Hut and Burger King. That's not even a joke. They actually had all 3 in the school cafeteria. And that was in the late 90's. I can't even imagine what they do now! Probably mainlining gravy! :shock:

Latest Threads