PSA: Do NOT play a piece of equipment you are planning on selling

efstop

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have wanted one for some time. If one comes up on CL near me, I suspect I will have one to try.
Except for the Red Box out and a power soak (and all the bling), they're like an old school amp. No headphone jack, no FX loop.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
The input/output OR Send/Return that you plug your pedals into on the back and put the effect between the pre amp and the power amp.
I am being obtuse.

I like things simple.

efstop

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I haven't used one either :D

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't tell me that! There's a used HT-5RS mini-stack for sale at L&M and it's been there on consignment for months. I walk past it every time I go in there to buy something else. I wanna hear that they're junk :D
I wouldn't sell my Blackstar HT-5TH. Freakin' love them. :)

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Blackstar HT-20 retubed with JJ fronts and Groove Tube Gold Series winged jugs and an Emi Red Coat Private Jack... I'll never sell it. A bud that has a stock one wants mine. Nawt.

Could have sold my old oak and cane Legend A30 (Syracuse, NY 1980?) amp a bunch of times. Nawt.

I don't sell my stuff... Just ain't right.

filtersweep

Reaction score
I have a guitar that I bought new for 70% off. I very rarely buy new, but I couldn't pass. This was my main guitar in my last band, and what I used in the studio. The thing is, my financial situation has changed dramatically in the last 10 years, and I rarely play this thing. I was convinced I would never sell it, but I never play it anymore. I don't have much money into it, so I didn't think there was much point in selling it, as I wouldn't get much out of it. And I was convinced it sounded like magic.

I played it again the other day---- and lets just say that I know for a fact that I could sell it and never miss it.

Your theory cuts both ways.

Mockbel

Reaction score
Moral of the story is.....never sell anything!

edit....I have no problem horse trading or getting stuff with the intent of flipping.....but for my own gear.....practically everything I've ever sold, I regretted selling.
I totally agree.... I can list many things that I regret selling.. just in mind now the LTD EC-401VF, the 535Q Crybaby, an old MIJ Jackson Rhoads, NS-2 noise gate, etc... They are many and when I go back, I sold them for no reason and for cheap... and the funny part is that I purchased same gear (to some extent) again !

BKS

Reaction score
I hardly play my Jackson Rhoads, have two an old USA build and japanese, but I always grab the Fernandes rr. But i never sell them...i think.

Bluesky

Reaction score
DO NOT open threads like this..........I now have a Bad Monkey on the way.:doh:

Latest Threads