PSA 2019 Les Paul Junior DC Tribute

TattooedCarrot

Ferro Picta Carota
Reaction score
Cherry is on it's way! It's cheaper to buy these in Canada. Works out to $702 USD without a deal.
Do you have to pay import tax? I bought a used LP custom from Japan last year and got hit with duty tax.

efstop

Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh you're in Canada, I thought you were in the US getting one from Canada.
Don't now where Colnago1 is, but the two places I buy from in Canada won't ship out of Canada. ebay might be different, if that's where it came from. We often don't pay the full exchange between US and Canada, so buying from the US is not a bargain for us. Often cheaper here, as Colnago1 said.

Colnago1

Reaction score
I’m in BC. L&M won’t ship to the US, just as US stores won’t ship Gibson’s to Canada. They’re will, however, ship to a close border town where you can arrange pickup. I’m real close to the border and do this often. I was surprised that this worked out to be about $100 cheaper in Canada, that rarely happens.

flamesarewicked

Reaction score
I’ve been eyeballing these lately..$800 for a nice P90 Gibson... id rather a single cut but.. for the price I’ll get over it.. it’s extremely tempting

elephantrider

Reaction score
played mine for a few hours last night, and i'll agree with the comments of
it having a darker sound. i tried it through 4 different heads and all had
the common grungy-ish sound. i freakin love it. neck is beefier than i also
expected, but no complaints here.

LocoTex

Reaction score
played mine for a few hours last night, and i'll agree with the comments of
it having a darker sound. i tried it through 4 different heads and all had
the common grungy-ish sound. i freakin love it. neck is beefier than i also
expected, but no complaints here.
P90s are kinda like that. EQ the amp differently than you would for a humbuckered or Fender single coil guitar and use the tone and volume on the guitar. Do this and you have a lot of range with a Junior. It's worth the trouble....boy is it worth the trouble!

Sweet P90 tone of the heavens!

Last edited:

Progrocker111

Reaction score
I bought one too, great guitar fot its money, really surprisingly well made with nice rounded fret ends and great finish. Its lightweight and acoustically loud and lively. Has a bit darker and kinda a bit hollow tone in comparison to my 2014 Historic LP Special, i think it could be cause of the cheap 300k pots and caps used on these Juniors. It needs 500k pot.

But still has that typical P90 growl and bark. Really top guitar for its money, recommended. :dude:

DaveSG

Reaction score
Exactly... they really need to do a doublecut Junior with a 50s neck, dogear and slanted bridge in TV Yellow. If they make it as good as the 2018 LE Juniors, I’d buy it.
+1

Not interested in a USA Jr till I see this.