PS4 games.. what are some of your favorites?

SixAngryStrings

Señor Member
Reaction score
I finally bought myself a PS4.. I've wanted one ever since they came out, but I've been dealing with divorce bs these past 3 years.. I recently started a new job that I totally love, relocated to a different city, got my child support reduced from $1250 a month to $300 a month (which was killing me), and I'm finally at a point where I can just work, focus on myself, set some goals, and get back to enjoying some of the things that make me happy, including video games!

I bought the Uncharted 4 bundle, haven't played the game yet.. also bought Farcry 4 (played a little, but it starts off too slow, I'll come back to it), and Titanfall 2, which is pretty awesome!

On Tuesday, Doom is comin' in the mail via Amazon prime.. totally stoked about that, for many reasons, and I think COD Black Op's 3 will be my next purchase.

So, what are some of you guys favorite PS4 games? What have I been missing out on these last few years?

Last edited:

Benjammin

Reaction score
I liked Far Cry 4 (its even better if you never played FC 3) and Assassins Creed Syndicate. I played through the first level of Uncharted 4, it was alright (it really impressed me how nice PS4 is compared to PS3), but I'm not big on the Uncharted games and didn't get too into it. I'm counting the days until Red Dead Redemption 2 comes out :hyper: (looking forward to COD WWII also)

Malikon

말억건
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
oh man TItanfall 2 is so good. :applause: I did the campaign 3 times. It's not very long but it's really good. As your mobility increases you'll start flying through the game.

The Last of Us (remastered.)

...I don't have a ps4 but those are my answers. You already have Uncharted 4 which I would've thrown in.

God of War games are always good and I think there's one of those coming out.

Congrats on your new freedom. :thumb:

edit: I think I got this to work? Some Titanfall2 clips I made...

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/BigDumbMonkey78/video/32302750/
(I know there's a grenade toss I screw up badly. :laugh2: )

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/BigDumbMonkey78/video/32302763/
(total clutch panic. Ticks are hitting me, I'm cornered, the boss is whupping me, and?...time to reload. :laugh2: Clutch!! ..still got an execution though. :dude: )

Last edited:

Hairless_Ape

Doc
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll only mention games not covered.

Bloodbourne - this game requires you to be a masochist. The designed it for people who thought Dark Souls was too easy. It's insanely hard, but it makes the experience rewarding. If you're of the opinion games are too easy now, this game is a breath of fresh air.

For Honor - this game gets a bad rap because a lot of the fans are whiners. But it's a revaluationary fighting game. It's had some kinks along the way (many Ubisoft's fault), but there's never been a game like it. Check out youtuber Bousefeenux, he has the fairest videos, and he has a lot.

wizard1183

Reaction score
Battlefield 4. I play multiplayer quite a bit.

I have zombie army trilogy which is pretty good.

Recently purchased Friday the 13th. Tough but fun game. Though servers are having issues and it takes a few to play. Strictly multiplayer.

Mortal kombat XL with leather face and Jason. Though I rarely play it.

Sniper elite iii. Ok game

I quit playing all COD games after mod warfare

James R

Premium Member
Reaction score
My PS4 has been collecting dust for almost a year. The last game I played and enjoyed on it was Uncharted 4.
I don't know why, but I tend to lean toward my xbone if it's not a console exlusive game.
I'm not your typical gamer though, I hate online multiplayer* and much, much prefer to stick to the campaign modes.

*Stupid eight year olds kicking my ass all the time.

Howard2k

Premium Member
Reaction score
Tom Clancy's Divison is a great FPS with RPG elements. Online only, don't bother if you don't have decent high speed.

Horizon Zero Dawn is STUNNING. Assassins Creed elements but feels fresh.

The Last Of Us looks good too. Bought t but have not played it yet.

wizard1183

Reaction score
My PS4 has been collecting dust for almost a year. The last game I played and enjoyed on it was Uncharted 4.
I don't know why, but I tend to lean toward my xbone if it's not a console exlusive game.
I'm not your typical gamer though, I hate online multiplayer* and much, much prefer to stick to the campaign modes.

*Stupid eight year olds kicking my ass all the time.
Once you go multiplayer, campaign is simply meh. I'll play a campaign mode when I get the game. Finish it and go to multiplayer and never look back. Although I enjoy FPS.

I wish Friday the 13th had single player mode. Supposed to come out this summer to the game. As of now only multiplayer which is pretty odd for a game. You'd think out the gate a story mode would've occurred.

PeteK

Reaction score
I'm actually considering switching to xbone. I hardly play the ps4 and I want a good racing game but ps4 has nothing to compare with forza.

Most games are dual console anyways. But Uncharted and The Last of Us really are amazing games. Can't think of Xbox exclusives that are that good. I hate halo

wizard1183

Reaction score
I almost forgot! Definitely NEXT on the list!
I have Rocksmith also. I forgot to mention it. It's good to learn solos, but rhythm is not very good on the game. It's fairly easy to manipulate the rhythm as you're playing therefore, the game doesn't catch your mistakes very easily. That's what I found as a downside to it. It is cool though cause there's a few mini games to help you with things.

Howard2k

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm actually considering switching to xbone. I hardly play the ps4 and I want a good racing game but ps4 has nothing to compare with forza.

Most games are dual console anyways. But Uncharted and The Last of Us really are amazing games. Can't think of Xbox exclusives that are that good. I hate halo
Gran Turismo. Any day now :rofl:

Tim Plains

Reaction score
Bloodborne is my favorite. I found it easier than Dark Souls but it is hard. I also really liked a game that flopped, The Order 1886, don't pay more than $5 for it. My friend says Wicher 3 is the best game of all time and even argues with me when I say how great Bloodborne is. :laugh2:

Do you have the Playstation app on your phone? They have flash sales every so often.

Howard2k

Premium Member
Reaction score
Bloodborne is my favorite. I found it easier than Dark Souls but it is hard. I also really liked a game that flopped, The Order 1886, don't pay more than $5 for it. My friend says Wicher 3 is the best game of all time and even argues with me when I say how great Bloodborne is. :laugh2:

Do you have the Playstation app on your phone? They have flash sales every so often.

Seconded. The app is great for keeping track of flash sales.

How does Bloodbourne compare to Skyrim?