PRS Tremonti SE natural

JLT73

Reaction score
it looks great. I really would like to give it a go

Darklocke

Reaction score
that natural looks sweet! Wish we got that in at my store. We have a couple of these new SE's and they are all worth the value. :thumb:

Ryaan1

Reaction score
i love this guitar, specially the natural finnish, damn the fact i went with an SE Custom :(

DoctorSkullington

Reaction score
Al of the PRS guitars that are under £800 seem pretty shit. Go for it if you want, but the really expensive ones are the only decent ones. Why bother when you can get a Michael Kelly guitar for £500 with the specs of £900 monster?

Ryaan1

Reaction score
Al of the PRS guitars that are under £800 seem pretty shit. Go for it if you want, but the really expensive ones are the only decent ones. Why bother when you can get a Michael Kelly guitar for £500 with the specs of £900 monster?
if you're willing to spend that extra couple hundred pounds or whatever currency you have, you could make it sing.

i saw a guy in a bar last week fender tele has his main guitar, his back up was an encore les paul. He made that guitar sound unreal. whatever he'd done to it.

but if you're gunna spend £400 on that, i'd just push out the extra £100 for a Michael kelly guitar and you'd save your self some cash.

Although if you like it, and the look of it. i guess it's the guitar for you.

cynic79

Reaction score
What experience do you have with the SE line, if you don't mind me asking?

I've been fairly impressed with the import PRS offerings. They don't compare to the US-made ones, and that have that "feel" that many imports seem to share, but they sound nice and play well. The Michael Kelly guitars I've played have generally been nice, and they do have good features at their price point, but I've run into a couple that have not been as tightly constructed as they could have been from the factory.

california1967

Reaction score
Yeah I haven't heard any bad things about the PRS SE's at all. Especially for the price.

Iceman0124

Reaction score
Most of the Se's I've laid my hands on have been pretty nice. The MK's as other have stated can be a real mixed bag...from pretty nice to :wtf: Personaly I havent seen a MK that stirs any notion of me to want it. Out of the handful of MK models I have tried all of em fail my intial deal breaking test horribly...and thats to take it unplugged, place my ear directly to the wood around the upper bout area and play...if it sounds dull and lifeless or really uneven I dont buy it, I've had $50 guitars pass this test with flying colors and $5000 guitars fail it miserably.

DRF

Reaction score
It looks pretty nice in that natural. Very Junior like. How in the Hell did this tremonti dude get so many sigs-he was in like in that band called ...something.

The neck binding is a nice touch,it needs nibs though,I'm serious.

california1967

Reaction score
It looks pretty nice in that natural. Very Junior like. How in the Hell did this tremonti dude get so many sigs-he was in like in that band called ...something.

The neck binding is a nice touch,it needs nibs though,I'm serious.
Say what you want about the bands that Mark Tremonti has been in, but the guy is a fantastic guitar player.

Too bad this natural doesn't come with a floyd, I'd be all over it!

DrakeZero

Reaction score
Most times, I'm not a PRS SE fan. Any time I touched one of them they always had an issue with there fretboards or frets themselves. The only one I really liked was the Paul Allender SE model with the purple top. Sure it was for metal, but looked kiss ass. Much like this one too. It doesn't look cheap, and the grain on the top is very detailed. Wonder how they sound.

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I had an SE Custom. It was a GOOD guitar. Not a great guitar. The construction was "meh, ok." 4 piece maple cap under a veneer, sloppy neck pocket, and super super light (too light IMO). It sounded great. It played great. The hardware flaked chrome off all over the place, the tuners were shite. The pups sounded very good. Fretwork was great. I sold a lot of guitars last year - the SE is one that I wouldn't mind having back. I wouldn't pay $600 for one, though.