PRS SE Custom 22 questions

Victek

Reaction score
I'm looking at a couple of used PRS SE Customs. They're double cutaway with 22 frets, uncovered zebra humbuckers, wrap-around tailpiece and dot (not bird) inlays. My question is what type of neck do they have? Are they what PRS calls "wide fat" or "wide thin"? Thanks in advance for info and opinions about this model generally.

Attachments

DADDEO

Reaction score
I have an SE Tremonti, and in general, the SE range are very well made & appreciated by all types of players.
The best place for info is the PRS website. Use the serial number to find the year of manufacturing, and everything else should fall into place.

HNGD

Victek

Reaction score
I have an SE Tremonti, and in general, the SE range are very well made & appreciated by all types of players.
The best place for info is the PRS website. Use the serial number to find the year of manufacturing, and everything else should fall into place.
Thanks for the reply. I already have an SE CU24 and agree about the quality and playability.

rabidhamster

Reaction score
Should be wide-fat, all the SE customs Ive seen were, but double check that there might have been a special run I didnt hear about

archey

Reaction score
Wide fat is described as being similar to a 1959 Les Paul neck. I don't know if this is true but it's my personal favorite prs neck carve.

KenG

Reaction score
My SE245 is supposed to be wide/fat but it's smaller than my Trad+ was. Very close to my old R0 V2 neck.

ShelbyFreak

Reaction score
The wide fat has an SG rounded feel and much more comfortable than a 50's neck. I haven't found a PRS SE that I haven't really liked. One of the best import guitars made. You can never go wrong with a Made in Korea guitar.

Latest Threads