PRS Custom 22, anybody?

ErictheRed

Reaction score
Asking your dentist? I don't get it.

They're great guitars, that's kind of like asking what people's opinions of Les Pauls are, though. Too broad and we know nothing of that particular guitar. It could be fantastic, it could be a dud, like any guitar, though PRS is known for consistent quality.

SASouth

Reaction score
I've never played a core PRS that was a dud. I have 9 of them if that's any qualification.

hbucker

Reaction score
PRS = Great guitars!

They have their own feel and sound though. This is to their credit, but it is unique enough that it may take a little getting use to if you've never played one. This adaptation curve doesn't need to be a big deal, but from a feel and tone perspective we all tend to be fairly picky animals, so it's easy for me to see why some people just don't bond with them.

Worst case scenario: you get it and don't like it. PRS are always valuable and the C22 is a popular model so you can probably get your $$ back out of it with no problem.

John Ucol

Reaction score
I'm more partial to their 24 fret offerings. Anyway assuming that Custom 22 is stock, it's still a solid guitar. Stock pickups are somewhere between their more modern and vintage voiced offerings at the time, and the 5 way rotary may take some time to get used to. It's not my first choice live, but it was handy for recording sessions when I needed split tones on the fly.
Not sure how the dentist part fits in because even the used core models can be plenty accessible to anyone. I'd suggest you try it out if you can.

djw171

Reaction score
Superb guitars. I purchased a Custom 22 last year. The best guitar I have ever owned.

moreles

Reaction score
I love mine, though it is a trem, not wraptail. I think the pickup placement is superior to the 24. I do not think the 22 has a tonal response that is unusual or challenging at all; quite the opposite. I find it to be a versatile, wide-range voice that you can easily make your own. Plays great, that's for sure.

matthew bear

Reaction score
Prs wraptail bridges are awesome IMO.

I had a Mira that was excellent, and I just picked up a core model starla that's really fun.

But I've never played a "proper" prs, just these mahogany slab ones... I'd love to try a core singlecut with the wraptail.

Yelir

Reaction score
What would you be trading for this? My question to the players and owners of these, is how do you find the neck and it's heel joining the body?

My debt is settled this month for gear purchases, I saw a used McCarty come up locally and I'm drooling over it hard! :bowdown

Good luck @charlie chitlins !

johnny q

Reaction score
I have a Custom 22 Ten Top w/ Birds. Beautiful guitar, plays great - but I have never been in love with it. I swapped the original Dragon II P'ups for Duncan JB/59 and this I view as an improvement. I also purchased the McCarty wiring harness from PRS and swapped out the 5 position rotary. About that 5 position knob: Lots of great sounds, but impossible to manipulate mid song.

Latest Threads