Prop Gun - "I didn't pull the trigger!"

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
This was reported in today's newspaper...

Holy Sh1t... This is a very gutsy strategy by Baldwin. I can't see how it's not making things worse for him... especially his apparent knowledge of the risk of "blanks" discharging a potentially dangerous wad.

What a douche.

Alec Baldwin says he is not to blame for Rust movie shooting ‘and I can’t say who is’

Alec Baldwin has insisted he feels no guilt over the shooting death on the set of his movie Rust, but has dropped clues who he thinks is to blame.

Alec Baldwin said he doesn’t feel guilty for the death of Halyna Hutchins on the set of Rust and has told of handling the gun in the final seconds before the cinematographer was killed.
“I feel that someone is responsible for what happened and I can’t say who that is. But I know it’s not me,” the Hollywood actor told ABC America’s George Stephanopoulos.

It was the 63-year-old’s first major interview since the on-set tragedy in October.

“I mean, I honest to God, if I felt that I was responsible, I might have killed myself,” he said of the death of Ms Hutchins, who left behind a husband and young son.

Baldwin and the film crew were rehearsing a scene when the shocking tragedy occurred.

Ms Hutchins told him to hold the gun in her direction and aim it “right below her armpit”, Baldwin said.

“I said to her, ‘in this scene, I’m going to cock the gun, do you want to see that?’” he recalled.

She told him to go ahead – and seconds later she was struck with a live bullet.

“I let go of the hammer and the gun goes off,” Baldwin told Stephanopoulos.

“I never pulled the trigger.”

Ms Hutchins died and director Joel Souza was wounded when the bullet passed through her body and struck him.

“I let go of the hammer. Bang. The gun goes off,” he said.

“Everyone is horrified. They’re shocked. It’s loud. They don’t have their earplugs in... the gun was supposed to be empty. I was told I was handed an empty gun.”

The former 30 Rock star said he didn’t believe at first the 42-year-old had actually been shot.

“The notion that there was a live round in that gun did not dawn on me ‘till probably 45 minutes to an hour later.”

“She’s laying there and I go, ‘did she hit by wadding? Was there a blank? Sometime those blank rounds have a wadding inside that packs, it’s like a cloth that packs the gunpowder in. Sometimes wadding comes out, it can hit people, and it could feel like a bit of a poke,” he said.

He was then told to leave the set before he could check on Ms Hutchins.

Despite speculation he could be charged and held liable for her death, Baldwin said he didn’t believe he would be arrested over the shooting.

“A live round isn’t supposed to be anywhere near the set. I don’t have anything to hide.”

Baldwin said it was “highly unlikely that I’d be charged with anything criminally”.

No criminal charges have been filed, but two crew members have filed civil lawsuits accusing Baldwin, the producers and others of negligence and poor safety procedures.

He said the investigation should focus on who brought live rounds onto the set.

cheers.

Howard2k

Reaction score
This was reported in today's newspaper...

Holy Sh1t... This is a very gutsy strategy by Baldwin. I can't see how it's not making things worse for him... especially his apparent knowledge of the risk of "blanks" discharging a potentially dangerous wad.

What a douche.

Alec Baldwin says he is not to blame for Rust movie shooting ‘and I can’t say who is’

Alec Baldwin has insisted he feels no guilt over the shooting death on the set of his movie Rust, but has dropped clues who he thinks is to blame.

Alec Baldwin said he doesn’t feel guilty for the death of Halyna Hutchins on the set of Rust and has told of handling the gun in the final seconds before the cinematographer was killed.
“I feel that someone is responsible for what happened and I can’t say who that is. But I know it’s not me,” the Hollywood actor told ABC America’s George Stephanopoulos.

It was the 63-year-old’s first major interview since the on-set tragedy in October.

“I mean, I honest to God, if I felt that I was responsible, I might have killed myself,” he said of the death of Ms Hutchins, who left behind a husband and young son.

Baldwin and the film crew were rehearsing a scene when the shocking tragedy occurred.

Ms Hutchins told him to hold the gun in her direction and aim it “right below her armpit”, Baldwin said.

“I said to her, ‘in this scene, I’m going to cock the gun, do you want to see that?’” he recalled.

She told him to go ahead – and seconds later she was struck with a live bullet.

“I let go of the hammer and the gun goes off,” Baldwin told Stephanopoulos.

“I never pulled the trigger.”

Ms Hutchins died and director Joel Souza was wounded when the bullet passed through her body and struck him.

“I let go of the hammer. Bang. The gun goes off,” he said.

“Everyone is horrified. They’re shocked. It’s loud. They don’t have their earplugs in... the gun was supposed to be empty. I was told I was handed an empty gun.”

The former 30 Rock star said he didn’t believe at first the 42-year-old had actually been shot.

“The notion that there was a live round in that gun did not dawn on me ‘till probably 45 minutes to an hour later.”

“She’s laying there and I go, ‘did she hit by wadding? Was there a blank? Sometime those blank rounds have a wadding inside that packs, it’s like a cloth that packs the gunpowder in. Sometimes wadding comes out, it can hit people, and it could feel like a bit of a poke,” he said.

He was then told to leave the set before he could check on Ms Hutchins.

Despite speculation he could be charged and held liable for her death, Baldwin said he didn’t believe he would be arrested over the shooting.

“A live round isn’t supposed to be anywhere near the set. I don’t have anything to hide.”

Baldwin said it was “highly unlikely that I’d be charged with anything criminally”.

No criminal charges have been filed, but two crew members have filed civil lawsuits accusing Baldwin, the producers and others of negligence and poor safety procedures.

He said the investigation should focus on who brought live rounds onto the set.

cheers.

‘Went off half cocked’ is his literal defence. Well played.

05jrock

Reaction score
where are all the Hollywood anti gun people……

fuckin Douche bags.

every movie out of Hollywood is filled with gun violence, only they wave their firearms in the name of truth,justice, and the American way, if Any of us little people did it, we would go to the slammer.

We need a bunch of celebrities to sing imagine to help make everything better

Jeremiah

The Worst
Reaction score
if he really did "let go of the hammer", wouldn't it have struck the primer on the bullet in the gun and fired? Also isn't this why they tell you not to load the top (assuming we're talking about a revolver, which I think we are due to the hammer being let go and bullet firing the way he claims)?

maybe nobody is guilty of murder but someone has to be at least guilty of manslaughter or reckless endangerment or SOMETHING

GearHo

Reaction score
Put the arrogant fuck up on the stand and have a jury listen to his cry of innocence.

No one in Hollywood has ever been guilty of anything, from Kevin Spacey, Weinstein, Michael Jackson, they are above it all, lets bring it into the courthouse….

and while we are on it stephanopoulos is as big a douche as Baldwin …..

If I was Baldwins lawyer I would tell him STFU.

Soul Tramp

Speaker Snob
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Not to worry, we'll sort it out. Our top man is on the case.

clouseau.jpg

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
Now he feels no guilt?? He’s not just an established liar. He’s a fuckin psychopath.
People who accidentally kill other people feel guilt. That’s human. My dad knows a guy who ran over a 3yo who popped into traffic from between parked cars. No charges, no lawsuit, nobody at fault. My dad said that man was never the same. He was depressed the rest of his life. He was driving a duelie with a trailer and felt so bad because he couldn’t stop it on a dime.
Alec Baldwin is really acting like a motherfucker. I hope there are parents in the jury if the Machine allows him to face charges.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score

Wow, a real quick thinker.
Try that with Fish and Game.
“I was just practicing my aim and the damn thing just went off!”

Reactions: ehb

Zylo

Reaction score
Alec is trying to compete with Prince Andrew for the worst interview you can give award.

Latest Threads