PROJEKT REVOLUTION! Chris Cornell / Linkin Park photos.. Guitars & amp pictures too

W

WBPickups

PART 1...

Went down to see the Projekt Revolution show in Mountain View, California with Linkin Park, Chris Cornell, Ashes Divide and a few more bands..

LINKIN PARK / PROJEKT REVOLUTION

So 5 hours down to San Jose Friday night and met up with Linkin Park's main techs Kurt and Sean at GORDON BIERSCH in downtown SJ.

Had a couple of Pale Ales. Talked guitars, Nashville, Pickups (duh), BCR Greg ( I bet his ears were ringing ), asshole guitar players ( not that any of us were mentioning names..;)... A little more BSing ending with us walking to my truck to checkout the toys I made for the next day..

So the day of the show I had a couple appointments in the morning that I made since I was in the Bay Area I can tackle some stuff like meeting up with Vern at Starving Musician in Santa Clara, CA. The Starving Musician is some very important history to me since I got my start with winding pickups many, many years ago because of them. Great seeing Vern for that short visit before the store opened. Looking forward to the stuff we discussed for the future.

Then I went and met up with my buddy I haven't seen in years.. Rayne and I were best friends growing up and played in our first 3 bands together. It was a blast seeing him and his wife and kids... It was like 17 years never went by..
SANY0672.jpg

Had to cut it short since I had to meet up with Kurt & Sean at 12:30 at the venue. So I got there and hooked with the Kurt at the gate. Got my passes and went back stage to find Sean working on Brad's ( Linkin Park) guitars for the night. Well, I just started snapping pictures and BS'ing with the guys and watching them in action. You know I would like to say that the roadies are the real players that make this stuff so perfect. The amount of work they do to make the artist shine is really nothing short than amazing. Here's some pictures of the day.... Laura and I took a boat load.. We will post a lot of them here but more over the next week on our photobucket. We also got some video footage that we'll get on youtube soon...

****WARNING****
A lot a pictures loading...

Kurt when I asked him to send BCR Greg some love...
SANY0448.jpg

Sean setting up the Brad's guitars..(Linkin Park)
SANY0447.jpg

SANY0456.jpg

SANY0455.jpg

SANY0513.jpg

Kurt is one of the coolest guys... Funny as hell as well...
SANY0572.jpg

SANY0514-1.jpg

SANY0512.jpg

SANY0458.jpg

The Chris Cornell guys were still asleep but I ran into Punk Rock Dave (Yogi's tech) and caught up with him a little while he was getting the gear set up. We talked a little about the new pups I brought em for Yogi and I started to take some pictures of the new amps and the back line for the CCB.

Pete Thorn's pedalboard..
SANY0451.jpg

SANY0452.jpg

Pete's amps... That Custom Audio Amp is a freakin tone machine! I likey!
SANY0453.jpg

his cabs... That Port City cab is another thing that I was blown away with..More on that later..
SANY0454.jpg

More Pictures Coming...

W

WBPickups

PART 2 !!

Yogi's amps...
SANY0461.jpg

Yogi's Port City amp..
SANY0460.jpg

I ran into Pete's tech Lonnie Totman (Teched for many greats in the
industry including 3 years with EVH during th end of the Sammy era). Here's Lonnie holding Pete's under 300 Dave Grohl geetar.. Lonnie is a genius. Plain and simple.
SANY0467.jpg

Pete (Thorn) cruised over after just waking up to test out the gear and it was great seeing him again. We bs'd a little and he fired up his rig and WOW! He started ripping and his rig sounded so huge and fat, that Custom Audio amp is now on my very short list including the Port City 412!!

SANY0472.jpg

Pete was showing me how easy his new pedal setup is now and how versatile as well. I was Gassing after 2 minutes of him playing through this rig..

SANY0474.jpg

SANY0473.jpg

SANY0476.jpg

PART 3 Comin'!

W

WBPickups

PART 3....

A view from the back towards the stage....
SANY0480.jpg

So I brought along a few pickups for the new guitars they picked up since the last time we hooked them up. Pete wanted something Heavy for his Gold Top but still on the vintage side.. So Pete and Yogi got some Firewaters, VTPhots, Habaneros and some other toys to go with the 6707's and others they have had. Here's the Gold Top getting the Hab bridge and VTP Hot neck installed. (Pete likes the VTP Hot necks a lot so another one had to go with the Hab bridge.)

SANY0483.jpg

SANY0484.jpg

After I got the pickups fixed up... Lonnie got it tuned/set up for the gig.
SANY0486.jpg

SANY0488.jpg

Some more WB loaded Gibsons next to some very cool Shur fiddles..
SANY0489.jpg

Tien (Mesa Boogie, great guy. Good seeing him again) and Lonnie talking about the future of the world and me making faces..
SANY0642.jpg

SANY0511.jpg

Billy Howerdel and I talking tone. I was excited to meet with him. I was into A Perfect Circle and his new band Ashes Divide is fantastic. YouTube - ASHES dIVIDE (promo)
SANY0638.jpg

SANY0641.jpg

Pete's Gold Top with the new Zebras...
SANY0530.jpg

SANY0532.jpg

Part 4 up next!! Some more... I told you a lot of pictures...

W

WBPickups

PART 4.....

Laura's brother came to the show. It was great to hang with him a bit. We live so far apart that it was cool to see him. We were checking something out when Laura took this picture..
SANY0481.jpg

Billy Howerdel new band Ashes Divide
SANY0493.jpg

While I was hanging with Laura and her brother. I loaned Pete Thorn the Jeep to go into town a bit and do some errands that being on the road is hard to do. So it didn't take long for Pete to get out of there. LOL! I think he was happy to have some alone time. He was gone right up to about show time. I am glad to have helped ya out Pete!

Here's Jason Sutter (Cornell) getting ready for the show.. He's a serious bad ass drummer!
SANY0517.jpg

Yogi's side is ready.....
SANY0533.jpg

Punk Rock Dave is getting Yogi's Paul ready...
SANY0535-1.jpg

And the Chris Cornell band hits the stage!

SANY0536.jpg

PART 5 next.......

W

WBPickups

Part 5...

The Chris Cornell band, August 9, 2008. Mountain View, California.
SANY0539.jpg

SANY0548.jpg

SANY0568.jpg

SANY0546.jpg

SANY0584.jpg

SANY0571.jpg

SANY0586.jpg

SANY0588.jpg

While Chris does Like A Stone alone with an acoustic, the rest of the band is backstage and we start to have some fun with pictures.

Yogi and his dad..

SANY0598.jpg

Corey..
SANY0599.jpg

The band and I..
SANY0600.jpg

LoKi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Wow man! Great photos!

One thing that I will say that drives me nuts about concerts lately... Why does everybody stand up? They just stand there... They don't dance, or rock out... They just stand. I'd rather sit for $60 a ticket. :laugh2:

Nearly killed me during Bob Dylan. People just standing there looking up at him. At least during Santana *which was 3.5 hours!!* people were dancing.

Oh well.

Looks like an amazing time man! Nice to see your pickups rocking out on big stages!

Roman

Master Luthier V.I.P.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Lucky bastard! I was stuck here working on your guitar.:fingersx:

jomo

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Wow Will, looks like a blast! I enjoyed talkin guitars, pickups, etc. etc. with you today. I can't wait to get my W/B's! Give me shout if your ever in Nashvegas! :slash:

b-squared

Banned
Reaction score
I can't wait to get your zebras in my Double Neck...:D

Great photos! Congrats!

BB

W

WBPickups

By the way. I met this TV reality guy from the show Big Brother. His name is Mike Dutz. What a major stuck up prick who actually thinks he's somebody special. It was almost comical that this guy thought he was as famous as the musicians playing. I wish I can tell you guys what I said to him but it shouldn't be in print.

GW175H248

BCRGreg

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Mike Putz?

He looks like he hid an electric drill in a southern orifice.

LoKi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
By the way. I met this TV reality guy from the show Big Brother. His name is Mike Dutz. What a major stuck up prick who actually thinks he's somebody special. It was almost comical that this guy thought he was as famous as the musicians playing. I wish I can tell you guys what I said to him but it shouldn't be in print.

GW175H248
With a name like 'Putz' he deserves what he gets. Besides, look at the 'faux hawk'. Somebody should slap him just for that.

Will, I think if we lived anywhere near each other, we'd be best friends. :cheers:

LoKi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Oh God.. I'm sorry. Gay, Straight or Taken? Is that REALLY a tv show!?

I haven't owned a TV in 6 years now. THANK GOD I missed out on this bullshit!

I haven't got anything against gay people at all... But MetroSexuals should be dragged out into the street by their highlighted hair and have the makeup slapped off their faces with a motorcycle chain. Any man who takes more than 34 seconds to get ready to leave the house is no friend of mine. :rofl:

im_b0r3d_

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Oh God.. I'm sorry. Gay, Straight or Taken? Is that REALLY a tv show!?

I haven't owned a TV in 6 years now. THANK GOD I missed out on this bullshit!

I haven't got anything against gay people at all... But MetroSexuals should be dragged out into the street by their highlighted hair and have the makeup slapped off their faces with a motorcycle chain. Any man who takes more than 34 seconds to get ready to leave the house is no friend of mine. :rofl:

I take 34 seconds to get out of bed, take a shower, get dressed, and catch the bus during school mornings. :thumb:

Latest Threads