Problems with Federal Express

Rogueaverage616

60Th Anniversary R9
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely not! One of my friends, who lives nearby actually is having issues with USPS on one as he chose to use EMS, which is Japan Post to USPS on his recent one and it's lost right now so dang! Maybe I'll do DHL. They are always a little slower but right now that might be fastest!
A guitar he bought is lost?? Yeah man shit like that pisses me the F$$$ off

Buffalo

Reaction score
Shipping anything with any parcel service to the US is a nightmare. We've tried UPS, FedEx and DHL to send christmas gifts to the family in the US across the pond and it was always a nightmare. Parcels where either late, damaged or both. Infamous record holder was the traditional postal service via deutsche Post/US postal service. A christmas gift sent mid November arrived 2 weeks before easter the next year. It took almost 6 month for that parcel to arrive at it's destination. So we stopped sending christmas gifts back to the US a few years ago.

Central Scrutinizer

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweetwater shipped via FedEx that went MIA, last tracking location was Memphis and then no activity since then.

Yep, Memphis is where everything goes jabberwocky . Had a guitar shipped from Japan via FedExcrement. Only took two days from Japan to Memphis. Sat in Memphis for two weeks.
After much calling and emails, a package arrived from Memphis. Said package was 12” X 12” square,
consisted of some Tupperware cereal sized bowels and some hair treatment. FUBAR does not begin to explain things.

My shipper, From Japan made it right and refunded the price of the guitar and shipping.

Bought a recent amp head from Sweetwater, I asked my Sales Rep. to send it UPS, which he did.

FedEx is dead to me. LOL!

lawrev

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. The guitar is supposed to be delivered today. Saturday morning I called FedEx customer service and they said that it wouldn't be delivered until Monday (yesterday). So I go get the covid booster shot and FedEx tried to deliver Saturday afternoon. But they don't leave a note, and they didn't leave it by the door (my instructions to them). So I called back customer service and they said it would be delivered Monday (yesterday). No attempt.

The customer service rep works in Guatemala, which does me absolutely no good here in Florida. I mentioned the Alabama ravine dump as I call it, and he said he had heard of that problem. He tried calling the distribution center here but they are not answering phone calls. Not surprising.

So I hope the guitar comes this morning and is not damaged. But no FedEx again. I've never had problems with UPS or DHL for other international shipments.

Peter M

Reaction score
trouble with Federal Express?

With FedEx it really depends on the hub location and how busy they are + how well they are managed. When I deal with NJ and CT hubs I rarely have a problem. NY hubs are the worst by far... often careless with handling packages and on where they decide to leave them.

DanD

Reaction score
All 3 US shippers have botched at least one of my deliveries.

All have left high dollar 'Gibson' steal me boxes on the porch (within 20' of the road) but the best was UPS rolling my Gibson GA60RVS amp up my front steps while I was standing in the doorway watching and filming with my phone.

I never saw that driver again....

LeftyF2003

Reaction score
I had more problems with UPS who destroyed a $35,000.00 server I shipped to California, and then tried to blame the packing which was the factory box from Dell with all foam in place. It took us a year to get a settlement, and ever since I avoid them like the plague.

Lately I've had the Amazon folks delivering to houses around me, but luckily with the pictures they provide I've worked out where my stuff is. I'm not sure of their issue as I have a big mailbox in front of my house with giant numbers on 3 sides. Maybe I need to light it up with neon? :cool:

mjross

Reaction score
I think all the shippers are having troubles these days and their employees are very pissed! This pic shows the box a very expensive guitar was shipped in that I purchased recently. Look closely at the damaged area and what is written in that area. Appears that someone was trying to send a message! FRAGILE my …

Edit: I hate those damn styrofoam peanuts!
1638293997849.jpeg

1638299070505.jpeg

Last edited:

lawrev

Reaction score
Got the guitar.... A Gibson Collector's Choice #19 Les Paul Junior in Lamp Black. Now you know why I was so pissed?! :)

But the final drama....I get an email. They delivered it 10 minutes ago. But they didn't deliver it to me. No knock on my door. Someone signed for it but it was not me. Got in the car to drive around the entire community. I found it two buildings down. Each building has my apartment number, but each building has a separate address. Which they ignored or didn't check. Details!

It was sitting outside an entry way. If someone lived there and signed, they would have brought it in. But they didn't. Which means a passers by signed it for the Fed Ex "employee." And the signature didn't match my first and last names.

The guitar is not damaged and looks beautiful! A NGD coming soon.

But another Fed Ex nightmare.

mjross

Reaction score
Got the guitar.... A Gibson Collector's Choice #19 Les Paul Junior in Lamp Black. Now you know why I was so pissed?! :)

But the final drama....I get an email. They delivered it 10 minutes ago. But they didn't deliver it to me. No knock on my door. Someone signed for it but it was not me. Got in the car to drive around the entire community. I found it two buildings down. Each building has my apartment number, but each building has a separate address. Which they ignored or didn't check. Details!

It was sitting outside an entry way. If someone lived there and signed, they would have brought it in. But they didn't. Which means a passers by signed it for the Fed Ex "employee." And the signature didn't match my first and last names.

The guitar is not damaged and looks beautiful! A NGD coming soon.

But another Fed Ex nightmare.
Wow, they just do not seem to care! That whole situation could have had a very bad ending.

BadPenguin

Reaction score
FEDEX, never had an issue with, other than the never having to sign for anything, though it was supposed to be signed issue.
USPS however... Long story made as short as possible here. Sent a guitar vis USPS to Portland MAINE. Followed the tracking, said it was delivered 3 days later. Ok, then got an email from the buyer asking where the guitar was. said it was delivered, and pasted the tracking info to them. Contacted the monkeys at USPS, found out it want to Portland OREGON and it was sitting in their warehouse. They sent it back out.... went to LA, then Texas, a trip up to Chicago, then BACK to freaking LA, then to Philly, and finally to the buyer. I sent the buyer daily updates, and they were understanding but pissed at USPS as much as I was. 3 Weeks it took. Never use USPS again is my motto.

leofender55

Reaction score
I refuse to use FedEx on any of my gear. I never used to care who shipped stuff, until FedEx completely DESTROYED a pristine silverface Super Reverb I had bought. I took many photos verifying the damage. The seller had taken pictures before shipping. After refusing the shipment, it was returned to the seller. When he got it back, it was damaged even worse. Fed Ex refused the claim and the seller had to sue them to get restitution. It took him almost a year.

I have never had an issue with UPS. I heard from a dealer friend that UPS drivers are employees and a some of the Fed Ex drivers are just independent contractors.

Latest Threads