Problems with Federal Express

lawrev

Reaction score
How many folks here have trouble with Federal Express?

I purchased a Les Paul Junior 2 weeks ago from a seller in Toronto, Canada. Which isn't too far from Detroit, Michigan. Shipping cost $360 USD.

It sat for 5 days in Canadian customs because Fed Ex does not have enough employees blah blah blah. Then it was released, and for the last week it has wound its way from Detroit to SW Florida. Fed Ex thinks the package is in their warehouse but they can't be sure. It may be on the truck, but they can't be sure.

All I can say is - go with UPS or some other foreign carrier for shipments into the US. Don't go via Fed Ex. Once I get this guitar, I am pushing for a refund on the shipping cost.

lawrev

Reaction score
I've never had problems with UPS, either before or during the pandemic, and not this week. Fed Ex is taking people's money and the service is horrible. And this is an expensive Les Paul Junior I am talking about, not a $20 cd that is lost somewhere in transit.

Dwosky

Reaction score
They lost a 3K mandolin I shipped 145 miles. Same responses from FedEx (not sure where it is etc.). I haven't used them since and never will.

Pancreas

Reaction score
How many folks here have trouble with Federal Express?

I purchased a Les Paul Junior 2 weeks ago from a seller in Toronto, Canada. Which isn't too far from Detroit, Michigan. Shipping cost $360 USD.

It sat for 5 days in Canadian customs because Fed Ex does not have enough employees blah blah blah. Then it was released, and for the last week it has wound its way from Detroit to SW Florida. Fed Ex thinks the package is in their warehouse but they can't be sure. It may be on the truck, but they can't be sure.

All I can say is - go with UPS or some other foreign carrier for shipments into the US. Don't go via Fed Ex. Once I get this guitar, I am pushing for a refund on the shipping cost.
Nearly every time Fedex is used to get a package to me, there's an issue. I hate them.

Tim Plains

Reaction score
All the major carriers are having problems. I sent something to the US over summer with Canada Post > USPS and it sat at the US border for over six weeks.

Why wouldn't you have just driven and picked it up if you're in Detroit? Six hour drive round trip and less than two tanks of gas, and that's without th4 seller driving out a little to meet you.

lawrev

Reaction score
All the major carriers are having problems. I sent something to the US over summer with Canada Post > USPS and it sat at the US border for over six weeks.

Why wouldn't you have just driven and picked it up if you're in Detroit? Six hour drive round trip and less than two tanks of gas, and that's without th4 seller driving out a little to meet you.

If I knew they were that incompetent, I would have paid $200 more for next day air service. Or just driven to Detroit. Customer service? No.

markguitar

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
Opposite experience for my business. Almost all of my shipments leaving the US have always gone FedEx and never any issues. FedEx has no say or power over Customs so no blame should be placed on them for anything sitting in Customs. That’s the fault of Canada’s Customs dept. You might get hit with broker’s fees and possible duties if the paperwork wasn’t filled out correctly.

tzd

Reaction score
Back in June this year, I had a package from Sweetwater shipped via FedEx that went MIA, last tracking location was Memphis and then no activity since then. Around that timeframe, all my other FedEx packages were severely delayed, received at least a week later than scheduled.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could be in Alabama...

Could be in Illinois...

:facepalm:

Yep. Bama this time.... Difference is, the rat bastid that dumped em will have a bad Crimmus.... They will find his ass down here...

Crimmus present from somebody's granny goes missing like that down here and there will be hell to pay.....

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool thing about living down here in the slow lane.... Anything goes off the rails and the local LEOs and the county SO jump ugly all over it.... They'll spin up one of the SO helos in my county within a few minutes... You can run.....but...

shark

Reaction score
I had some trouble with all of them the past few years. Thats no surprise.

I do notice some only send the good stuff Fed Ex. There is a reason for that bec they have been the most reliable and gentile delivery for high dollar items like guitars.

and another era comes to an end.

BDW60

Reaction score
FedEx to a business has always been great. FedEx home delivery is, and always has been for me, dicey.

NightShift88

Reaction score
Just had a Gibson delivered Fedex in the front yard by the road with the sprinklers going, box upside down and the big GIBSON logo visible for the world and thieves to see. Not the first time this has happened despite my complaints.

Rogueaverage616

60Th Anniversary R9
Reaction score
Yeah every single order ive had being shipped with Fedex has been delayed.In the past few months all the way too now.

Roxy13

Reaction score
Our local FedEx hub has been having all sorts of problems since summer. Stuff gets there on time but then sits on trucks unloaded for a week or more. Prior to this they were my favorite shippers. UPS seems to be running on time or at most maybe 2 days late.

I need to bring a guitar home from Japan and I almost always use FedEx to do it, but I'm rather concerned right now.

Rogueaverage616

60Th Anniversary R9
Reaction score
Our local FedEx hub has been having all sorts of problems since summer. Stuff gets there on time but then sits on trucks unloaded for a week or more. Prior to this they were my favorite shippers. UPS seems to be running on time or at most maybe 2 days late.

I need to bring a guitar home from Japan and I almost always use FedEx to do it, but I'm rather concerned right now.
Yeah i wouldnt want that dumped in the woods

Roxy13

Reaction score
Yeah i wouldnt want that dumped in the woods

Definitely not! One of my friends, who lives nearby actually is having issues with USPS on one as he chose to use EMS, which is Japan Post to USPS on his recent one and it's lost right now so dang! Maybe I'll do DHL. They are always a little slower but right now that might be fastest!

Latest Threads