Princeton Reverb, with little to no reverb

Deek

Reaction score
I have a 1978 Princeton Reverb for many years. The reverb never worked too well on it - it works, but is not very wet. I checked out the tank recently, cleaned the contacts, but no change. I am pretty much satisfied with my Electro Harmonics Oceans 11 spring reverb setting, but short of taking it to some tech, any advice for a not so hot solderer? Oh, tried different/new tubes as well. I think V2 is often the culprit - no change.

Tubejockey

Reaction score
Is it plugged in backwards? Has it been replaced? What pan is it?

AmplifiedParts

MLP Sponsor
Reaction score
You covered one of the easy tests with changing the tubes. The next is swapping the cables. It sounds like yours are working but it never hurts to completely rule things out. As Tubejockey pointed out if the In/Out is reversed you can get a weak reverb sound so that's definitely worth trying. The tank should be a 4AB3C1B. If you have any other black/silverface amps they should have the same tank so you could try swapping them to see if the tank is the issue.

spoony

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
I think the 78+ with the boost is one great sounding PR regardless of the boost. They have a super reverb.

You will be a happy camper when you getter goin,

s