Prime Day “Deals”

Ermghoti

Reaction score
I got some reusable silicone ziplock bags. I've been going through tons of the disposable ones, and didn't feel good about that. I almost pulled the trigger on a 65' Sony OLED at a deep discount, but the LG is a bit better for gaming, so I'm holding out. If you're not interested in games, it was a terrific deal.

WaywerdSon

Reaction score
If you passed on the deal on the 4K Firesticks, you missed out. for $30 those things are little beasts. I had no idea some of the cool stuff you can do with those things. Its basically an Android box with some Amazon shit bolted on, but you can access a ton of "unapporoved" apps and such if you know the tricks. Bluetooth connectivity for headsets. I have them on every TV in the house, and its way better than Roku for less than half what I have ever seen a Android box for.

DADGAD

Reaction score
That's really cool, @ehb. Reminds me of the first episode of this show, Cooked. The first episode is about cooking with Fire. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5347906/episodes?season=1&ref_=tt_eps_sn_1

I heard a really cool podcast about early cooking with fire, as well, but I can't recall the name of the speaker (also an author on the same topic) at the moment. If it comes to me, I'll report back.
I watched just for his cowboy coffee but the old timey ways of cooking intrigued me. Perhaps i’m liking simplicity more as I get older.

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Reaction score
I watched just for his cowboy coffee but the old timey ways of cooking intrigued me. Perhaps i’m liking simplicity more as I get older.
That cowboy coffee is serious business! Pouring the cold water down the spout to settle the grounds is like magic.

The trouble is finding one of those enamel or steel kettles that's not made in China.

AwfulQuiet

Reaction score
Good call. Check out this guy's cooking channel. Half of what he makes is in a dutch oven over coals or a fire. I've probably gained a few pounds just from watching.

This is also a good channel if you are into cooking in a dutch over:

Tone deaf

Reaction score
What a crock of shit.

All the “deals” I see are either junk items, or expensive BS no one really needs.

Pass!
Back in the '90s, Amazon sales were great. Like $0.10-$0.20 to the dollar.

"We" were all 20/30 something and every time you turned around, another friend was getting married. I hate buying wedding presents. So, one Friday Amazon has a really nice "pan" on sale (normally $200 on sale for maybe $20 each). I bought one for myself and nine others to hand out as wedding gifts. Even 10 years ago, you could still find good deals. I picked up lots of $50-100 guitar straps for $15-30.

I guess that the fact that Amazon doesn't need to drive traffic to its site means fewer great deals.

Latest Threads